Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new spring, piston, ball bearing guide rod, and trigger from the L96 upgrade kit. Now when I pull the bolt back there is alot of scratchy noises comming from the cylinder and when I fire it it sounds like a red rider. Is this the downside to upgrading cylinder parts or is there a way to fix this?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Use some "White Lithium Grease" inside your cylinder. Remove the inner and outer barrel assembly, so you don't get the grease inside your hop chamber.

With the lube in your cylinder manipulate the bolt a few dozen times to work in the grease. After you have done this, disassemble the cylinder, clean, and give a light lube. Reassemble and you should be good.

With the buzzing I am thinking you are talking about after the rifle is fired? You really wont get rid of that noise. There are things you can do to change the tone of it, but it will always be there in some form.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Your question has pretty much been answered but,I installed a new spring,metal piston,and spring guide in my utg mk96 and when I first installed it,the bolt was not smooth pulling back so I lubed the gun a little(not much)and after you do that and pull the bolt back alot it will get smoother.And the sound idk about that,my gun is making the same sound so im just getting use to it.I dont think you can really fix that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try putting some electrical tape on the end of the spring that goes into your piston. Jam the spring up into your piston and that should help a lot. Whats happening is after your piston makes contact with the cylinder head, the piston and spring are vibrating in a sense, thus giving you that noise. I fell across this idea on a forum and thought it was hog wash until I tried it. I was very impressed to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.