Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some googling, and saw that this was APS-2 compatible. I know that the gun stock is, for lack of a better word, sh!t. So, upgrading it would be a good idea. I love the look of it, but I don't want to pay $350 for a Maruzen.
So is it actually APS-2 compatible (fully)? And is there anything else I need to know about the gun?
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1506

·
Registered
909 Posts
It is not compatible with APS2 parts.

Only upgrades I was ever aware of for the rifle are:
-UTG Upgrade Cylinder, which upgrades the older rifles into a Gen. 5 model
-EdGI 6.01 tightbore
-Teflon home mods

If this was compatible with APS2 parts, it would be very popular. The rifle seems decent from what I have read, but I've always read about the lack of upgrades.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Thanks evike...thanks airsoft gi.... ::)

Good thing I didn't take their word awhile back.

I wonder why UTG didn't clone it to the APS2. Could have had a shit load of more sales from people who need it as a base as well as those who like to know their is a abundance of replacement parts available.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I believe you are correct metallica, but I'm not sure if they are available anymore.

Fuzzy is also correct. If they would have cloned it after the APS2, it would probably be just as popular as the JG BAR-10.

I don't know why these retailers are giving out false information like this; it could really confuse people.

From what I read, the hop-up on this rifle isn't that great, but I've never personally shot or tinkered with one. I know with home modification such as teflon, you can get a pretty high FPS out of the rifle and decent range. This would probably be a good beginner rifle, but there are always better options for the same price, which could be upgraded in the future.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This gun is not compatible... sadly. I have this gun and was planning on upgrading this thing, but parts didn't work. I just ended up buying the UTG L96. However, I do know of one upgrade that is available for this gun and that is the EDGI tb that is made specifically for this gun. I guess you could call the upgrade kit an upgrade, but its really meant to make your gun performing the same level as the gen 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.