Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
rdog735 said:
???Annyone have this gun if so tell me how your like it or dislike it
First, you need to make an intro post.

Second, this section for for posting reviews, not asking for them.

Third, Get a JG BAR10. I had a UTG and it sucked. No aftermarket parts either to upgrade with, incosistant, the list goes on and on.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I had one starting back my sniping career, and is still in use today by a few friends. While I am not going to write a huge review, I will say that the Gen. 3 model has held up for a long ass time. The trigger box seems extremely durable, holding up a 400 fps spring for quite some time. The cylinder parts are in tact and the bolt is well finished and much more durable than expected.

It is not the best performing rifle, but it is one that will introduce you to sniping for a very low price.

I recommend it for a beginner on a budget. Just know there are little to no parts compatible with this rifle besides the "upgrade kit".

Moved to "Others" section.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I own this rifle, and fuzzywolly did a solid job summing it up. I have owned this rifle for about two years and it is still shooting, i have had to do some repairs and such on her but she still shoots fine and dandy, accurate to about 100 feet ;). If you want to get a better, more upgradable rifle get a JG Bar10 or Well L96, it would serve you better in the long run.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I must add, I have had a UTG sniper now for over two years and I am highly impressed.. The only upgrades Ive added have been a 6.01 tb barrel and a spring and piston kit.. I'm not sure what classifies a rifle as a high performing sniper but I must say my rifle now shoots .32's at an average of 430 fps and I can consistently hit a target, around the size of a backpack, up to 90 yards.. Not bad for spending less than 100 dollars in upgrades..

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Mgunner said:
You must have the Gen 5 then. I had a Gen 3, and the thing was almost as bad as a Super 9.
I had the three a while back, not amazing accuracy but still runs to this day. I believe it has been traded off to at least four different people in a span of 5 years or so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just to throw this out there.. Leapers owns UTG now and they sell hop ups for the MK96.. You can get the whole kit for about 10 bucks.. That includes shipping.. I believe they improved it because the one I recent purchased is alot more accurate..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.