Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it goes guys. I don't have any pics of the rifle from when I just got it. The only pics that I do have is from the finished rifle. Well almost finished.

Here is the rifle finished.... for now....

The over all finish of the rifle out of the box is very nice. It came with the rifle, two mags, as well as the versa pod. Not to bad for a cheaper rifle. There are always the seams on the stock, but you find this on a lot of rifles so this isn't a big deal.

Just the weight of the rifle when I first picked it up was very hefty. Not to sure as to what the exact weight is but I love it.

Fit and finish of the metal work is very nice. The only plastic on the rifle is the stock and trigger housing. And with just the stock spring there isn't much need for a stronger trigger box. But I am sure that I will be getting one some where along the line and putting her in the rifle.

So upon getting the rifle home, I of course had to take it apart and see what made it tick.

There are two very large hex head bolts, one in front of the trigger guard, and another one up by the mag well. Just undo them with the supplied allen key and pull the rifle out of the stock. You will find that the stock appears to be "bedded" as there is a nice metal bed that the receiver sits on.

The barrel comes off just like that of the VSR series rifles. Take out the very little allen set screw and unscrew the barrel. The threads on the barrel are quite long and very sharp.

When you get the barrel off you will have a pipe with a little "shelf" with a spring holder in it. There is a small philips screw holding it in, just undo this screw and pull the part off. This is the part that holds the mag into the rifle itself.

When you get that off you are able to pull the inner barrel and the hop up chamber out. I was really impressed that the inner barrel had four barrel spacers around it, although they were a foam like material. The hop up chamber is a one piece design and in order to get the barrel out there is a hold bolt that keeps the barrel in. I am not sure of a replacement bucking that would be needed. I did try my VSR buckings and none of them would fit.

The receiver is a very hefty block of material. To get the bolt out like the VSR just pull down on the spring retainer, can't remember the name now sorry. And then just slide the bolt out. The piston head is not to bad, no really sharp edges and very nice. Upon opening the cylinder you pull out the piston, spring, as well the spring guide. The piston and spring guide are made out of the typical plastic.

The trigger is like that of a savage rifle, with the double trigger. It works as like a second safety.

I was able to do a little bit of shooting before I started to cut her apart. And the shots were not to bad. The bolt pull is very nice and smooth. The hop up is very easy to adjust from under the rifle. With the use of an allen key.

I have since cut down the barrel. I made an end cap on my lathe for it so it wraps around the inner barrel for max stability. I also found that faucet dampeners work as really good barrel spacers. They look like little wool dough-nuts, and they work really great. I have also found some parts from work that I put on the end of the barrel cap. Put the threads on the end cap and the other end inside of a suppressor that I made. I found some neoprene washers and put them inside the cylinder on the piston head, as well as one of those wool washers.

This has really made the rifle quite quiet. I am planning on putting a plastonite cylinder set in the rifle by the first of the year. As well as getting a new hop up chamber for the rifle as well. So after that I will have around $225 into the rifle, as I didn't buy the rifle as it was a bday gift from a buddies family.

I will get some pics of the rifle here in the next few days. All in all I am very happy with the rifle and love it. For around $140 or so it isn't to bad of a rifle. With a few mods that you can do to the rifle at your house I would definitely suggest this rifle to a first time player.

Here is what the suppressor looks like on the inside. Found some thin walled PVC pipe that fits snugly around some pipe insulation. Then took some washers that were the same size of the pipe. Glued the washers on the ends and sandwich them together, and then putting them inside of another pipe with a reducer to fit on the barrel. The supressor threads onto the end of the barrel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
not sure if it's a review, but great how-to on some mods.

I'd really like to see, or hear about one of these completely maxed out (not with all high dollar parts necessarily)
and how accurate it is.

I'm looking for a cheap start rifle for a project gun to tinker with. Tired of VSR's also...

I've held and shot one of these rifles at a local playing field and was impressed by how it feel while shouldering it. I find it a very comfortable rifle to use. No idea how the performance is on one of these during a game though.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Performance isn't to bad... It is to crapy around here right now to do a shooting review, damn snow.

But for what I am shooting in my basement, around 30 feet... shoots really nice

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may I am not to sure... The rifle that I have coming in a KJ M700 in the same stock. So I am going to try and paint them alike. So people can't tell the difference, except on the field

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.