Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its getting around my birthday where I will have some money to upgrade my gun, and I was wondering how you take off the stock hop up chamber. I took out a few screws but it wont budge. I have never done this kind of work before so can someone please elaborate on what/where the pieces are that need to be removed so I can take it off.

Thanks
Sniper

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I just fiddled with mine a few weeks back. Take the second thing to the left in the pic below and twist the small round piece that is attached to the chamber. (see below for more details)

See this pic below for reference..Notice the thing directly to the left of the hop up chamber. Right past the end of the gray part of the chamber, there is a small bronze ring. Use the tool in the pic above and twist it. Once you have the screws removed (ones you were referring to) the chamber should slide right off.

Let me know if this was confusing, and I will try to explain it better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuzzy a second picture didn't show up. I got the band off so the hop-up arm is off, but your video says to unscrew the goldish part in a ccw fashion. I cant get it to unscrew.

O wait now it shows it... sorry Fuzzy.

Ok I got it. Thanks for the help. Now onto more technical stuff, the black part covering the inner barrel is the bucking right? And what is the nubbing or nub (whichever one it is)?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I was cleaning the barrel and a small gold ring fell out somewhere, and I have no idea where it came from. Please help!

NOOOOOOOOOO..... one of the arms on the part that pushes the bucking broke..... I guess ill have to hurry up to buy that pdi one.

And my bucking just tore up......

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's a stock clone for you. Breath on it the wrong way and it falls apart. No worries though. That "small gold ring" might be where the hop is "locked" onto the barrel. There will be little grooves. And don't worry about the hop, just go for the PDI, on my BAR 10, the stock hop is so inaccurate, it's almost useless.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If I were you, I wait until fuzzy or I put up a review of the HP hop-up unit (he may have already done so, I haven't checked). It's a lot cheaper than the PDI hop-up and supposedly easier to set-up and simpler.

Yep, same thing happened to me with my hop-up. I was seeing if the two posts were stiff plastic or were rubbery and when I touched them, they just broke clean off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I do wait for the HP one, would the stock barrel fit it, or would I have to get a new one like the PDI hop-up? If so, can someone link a barrel that fits the gun, I dont have the extra money to buy a silencer adapter and silencer to cover it up. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
909 Posts
sniper4ever said:
If I do wait for the HP one, would the stock barrel fit it, or would I have to get a new one like the PDI hop-up? If so, can someone link a barrel that fits the gun, I dont have the extra money to buy a silencer adapter and silencer to cover it up. Thanks for the help.
Both take AEG cut barrels and buckings. MadBull seems to be a good budget barrel, or you can go with a Prometheus or other high quality depending on your budget.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Yep, wesley is correct. Any AEG barrel will work with the HP. After I took apart my stock hop up, I could not get it back together. Too many little pieces, including a gold ring, and I had trouble figuring out where each piece was supposed to go. I would not spend much time on it if I were you.

Should be getting some shooting results and a possible review about the HP chamber soon, but I need to get a hold of some bbs. Maybe wesley will get one together sooner than I can.

·
Registered
909 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Yep, wesley is correct. Any AEG barrel will work with the HP. After I took apart my stock hop up, I could not get it back together. Too many little pieces, including a gold ring, and I had trouble figuring out where each piece was supposed to go. I would not spend much time on it if I were you.

Should be getting some shooting results and a possible review about the HP chamber soon, but I need to get a hold of some bbs. Maybe wesley will get one together sooner than I can.
The stock hop-up is very weird. As you said, it just has too many parts and everything is proprietary, which is never good.

Mine is on it's way. It was shipped from HK Sunday, so I should be expecting it soon. I still have to order my Prommy barrel and a nice AEG bucking/spacer too. Might make that order this weekend.

Either way though, the HP will definitely save you some cash that can be put into the barrel/bucking. If you have time though, I would wait it out until either I or fuzzy get some shooting tests out of the HP unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.