Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After falling in love with woogie's UTG MK96 I decided I wanted to make one of my own. I just would like some insight on internals and making sure I have everything right before I purchase it all.

As of right I'm laying off externals and just working with purely internals. Once I get the internals set I will work slowly on the exterior.

I plan on ordering everything from x-fire.org with the exception of a barrel. So below is my intended upgrades I plan on getting. Please let me know if everything looks good, and anything you may object to me getting. I want the best accuracy and range I can get.

APS 240 spring.......1,470 yen
APS-2 Palsonite Cylinder Set HD.......18,655 Yen
TYPE96 HOP UP Chamber.......4,998 Yen
MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Inner Barrel for M16.......$35.00

Let me know if I should swap anything out or if there's a piece that I need that I'm leaving out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The m16 barrel will stick out the end of your gun, with the PDI chamber you want a 495mm barrel. Also you are going to need a zero trigger before you upgrade the spring, but I think with the week power behind the 240 you might me fine for 200 or so shoots.

Also we have a good tread discussing upgrades with a whole list of options, http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1156&start=15 .

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
If you upgrade to a more powerful spring, like Hidden said, your trigger box is going to snap, most likely all over the place.

Its a piece of crap box, and can barely hold itself together with the stock spring, which wears down fairly quickly (large fps drop).

I would not recommend just upgrading the sears, as the shell itself will snap, sooner or later. Therefore, I would buy a zero trigger, which will also make trigger pull ten times easier. You also need an aeg bucking and nubbin. The PDI chamber comes with a pdi nubbin, but not a bucking, so thats something else you will need. I would get a couple incase one rips or wears down.

As for the barrel, like Hidden said, 509mm will not fit in the outer barrel. The inner barrel will get blocked by the end cap, which will have to be removed in order for the barrel to be used. Removing the end cap does not affect performance, but it does make the rifle look stupid

To solve this, either find another barrel, cut the 509mm down to 499mm, or remove the end cap, and replace it with a threaded adapter and flash hider. The last one is expensive compared to the other options, but would look much more badass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.