Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna make this as short, sweet, and to the point as is humanly possible.

Barrel:

6.03 534mm Sig 550 Prometheus barrel: worth it? (paying $40 for it)

Bucking:

Should I use the Prometheus hard bucking (red) or the soft bucking (purple) for my L96 that shoots 550+ fps with a .2, around 450 fps with a .36? Or is there a different bucking I should search for?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Isn't that barrel a little long?

I am not an expert yet but when I was asking the same advice on here for my MB-01 I was told that the stock barrel is 500mm and you should aim to go shorter not longer...

Promethius also do a 6.03 in 509mm which is closer to stock length.

Just a thought :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Prommy barrels are the best you can't do better then them. As for length 550mm is a little on the longer side, but if it would fit your rifle I say go for it. I know of some members on the forums that run the prommy 650mm barrel, so it's really what you like. As far as the bucking goes I like the firefly soft bucking. I am shooting 550fps so a hard bucking is recommended. I feel that a soft bucking gives me better results.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info on both accounts fellas.

I know the 534mm is longer than the stock 495, but I'm going to CNC an adapter and thread it in my metal shop class in order to attach a flash hider so long as my teacher will allow me to.

And you're saying soft over hard bucking? Wouldn't that run the risk though of ripping and tearing the bucking?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes you do run the risk of ripping the bucking, I just have had better performance with the soft bucking then the hard one. It usually rakes a while for the bucking to rip. I have had my firefly soft bucking for a little over a year now and still no rips. And I am usually on the field once 3-4 times a month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.