Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much the fps will improve (if at all) if I just Teflon tape the cylinder of my utg m324? I won't be taping the hop up right now, but I'm also considering buying a tight bore later. Also, will the accuracy improve by using the Teflon mod?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put Teflon tape on the threads on my cylinder head on my Well L96, it made literally no difference at all.
Putting it on the outside of the cylinder head meant that it didn't fit into the hop properly, but then I have an airseal hop which has an o-ring inside it.

Adding Teflon tape to the barrel to hop joint increased FPS by ~50, and this was with an airseal hop.
Adding a tight bore (stock barrel 6.08mm, tightbore 6.03mm) increased FPS by ~25.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
No mod you can do to the cylinder will increase accuracy. The only purpose of the cylinder is to supply the moving air which propels the bb. Adding teflon tape to the cylinder head threads might improve fps, but only if there are air leaks. If you absolutely have to squeeze out every drop of fps possible, then check out Silentscope's guide: http://airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=4260

If you already have a good bucking then you shouldn't need to use teflon on your cylinder head or bucking. If you don't have a good bucking, then use a few coats of clear nail polish on the cylinder head nozzle for better contact with the bucking. Teflon tape will simply fall off and jam your gun. For the barrel to bucking connection using ABB rings (anti-blowby (I think)) or trying the bucking to the barrel with dental floss will fix that. teflon tape on the bucking can help but ABB-rings or dental floss will do a better job. And to answer your question, teflon tape can't increase wear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mod you can do to the cylinder will increase accuracy. The only purpose of the cylinder is to supply the moving air which propels the bb. Adding teflon tape to the cylinder head threads might improve fps, but only if there are air leaks. If you absolutely have to squeeze out every drop of fps possible, then check out Silentscope's guide: http://airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=4260

If you already have a good bucking then you shouldn't need to use teflon on your cylinder head or bucking. If you don't have a good bucking, then use a few coats of clear nail polish on the cylinder head nozzle for better contact with the bucking. Teflon tape will simply fall off and jam your gun. For the barrel to bucking connection using ABB rings (anti-blowby (I think)) or trying the bucking to the barrel with dental floss will fix that. teflon tape on the bucking can help but ABB-rings or dental floss will do a better job. And to answer your question, teflon tape can't increase wear.
Thanks, I look into the abb rings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.