Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the Mods or anyone who is in the know.
We get a lot of threads from one vendor that just seem to be like spam. The threads are targeted at people with real steel rifles not airsoft. The scopes that they sell when they are on special are normally at a minimum of $500.00 and then go up to a couple of grand. No one in airsoft will purchase these for an airsoft rifle. They may purchase one for a real rifle but this is airsoft.
I hate looking the new threads and seeing new thread after new thread that are just a waist of time. All by one vendor too. None of them are relevant to airsoft. I would not mind if people were actually interested in his stuff but no one ever comments on his threads.
Is there a way we can stop this waist of time spamming.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,257 Posts
If you look at the thingy at the side where it details your username, profile pic etc. it says he is a supporting vendor (circled in blue).

This probably means that he pays to advertise his stuff here without the mods magicking his threads away.
This money probably goes either to the mods to pay them for their hard work, or in order to support the forum itself, so we can have this platform to chat to each other.
Anyhow, the way I see it, if it helps to keep the platform going and/or rewards the mods for their hard work, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So anyone could pay to become a supporter and then bombard the forums with irrelevant information. That is sad. Too much of it can make the forums seem like it is dedicated to airsoft.

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
You guys realize that 99% of all of his posts are in the approved Vendor Deals section? He is a representative of Camera Land who pays the site owners to advertise on here. Luckily the rules they have in place typically require all vendors to contact them directly to advertise on here, lest they be left to deal with moderation staff. (me) I have already purged numerous posts. I have no power in the vendor section, though I leave it alone as I do not care about what is there.

Reactions: kazuchan

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is fine now. He can post all he wants. I have put him on my ignore list (Don't know why I did not do that before)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts