Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What upgrades ( If you dont know off the top of your head it's totally fine, you dont need to answer
) would you get for a VSR-10, for around $500 dollars after all is said and done? Between all the different parts and company's i'm just really confused :'( if anyone could help that would be great

I have, since then, learned alot more, and realize that was a stupid question. Would this work for a TM VSR-10

-Laylax PSS10 170 Spring
-Laylax Prometheus 6.03 mm Tightbore ( 430 mm for Pro and Real Shock versions )
-Laylax PSS10 Zero Trigger (includes Orange High Pressure Piston)
-Laylax PSS10 Spring Guide
-Laylax PSS10 Teflon Cylinder
-Laylax PSS10 Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Looks like it all should work.. Not really sure you would need the teflon cylinder. The one that comes with it would work just fine honestly.

Instead of the cylinder I would look at getting a new hop up bucking. Possibly a fire fly or nine ball. I enjoy them both and think the nine ball works better.

Check out the commerce section. Trying to sell mine at this point. Thinking about parting it out if needed.

·
Registered
182 Posts

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft_Nine_Ball_VSR_10_Hop_Up_Bucking_and_Hicapa_p/58345.htm
the link has to go in between the tags like such ===> { url] LINK [/url }
so move the end tag after 58345.htm link this ===> 58345.htm[/url

(and dont forget to close the bracket)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm gonna go with a, 6.03 mm inner barrel, it seems thats what the majority say works. I'm still undecided about the other parts but I think I like the first list, with a few tweaks (i;e 9 ball bucking, and maybe no teflon cylinder), and I now have to wait to X-mas to get it all :'(, not enough money :'(
Also, what would you guys do for a scope? Because I'm gonna get the regular version vsr, what mount should i get?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how about this list

-Laylax PSS10 170 Spring
-Laylax Prometheus 6.03 mm Tightbore ( 430 mm for Pro and Real Shock versions )
-Laylax PSS10 Zero Trigger (includes Orange High Pressure Piston)
-Laylax PSS10 Spring Guide
-Laylax PSS10 Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head
-Laylax 9 Ball bucking
-PDI VSR-10 rifle scope rail
And if there is anything you guys think should be added,just tell me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Ok ... Just making sure...

Yeah the EdGi will work that is what I am currently running in my rifle.

That dampeners should work as well. Basicly anything thatwill work with the VSR will work with a bar-10.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot woogie, and also I think we've had a misunderstanding lol, I was talking about a VSR 10, not the bar 10 ( if that's what you thought I was talking about ), anyways thanks for helping, I think that answers all my questions. :) Now I just do research, till christmas, and make sure I know every aspect of the gun.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Ahh ok got ya

Yeah it should come with a scope rail so that is something that you shouldn't need. That and the stock TM bucking is fairly good. I would look at the barrel and possibly a spring or something.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm late to the party, but I'll throw my two cents in.

Buy all Laylax parts, they're the best thing for the VSR, at least.

If you don't have the Teflon cylinder, don't bother buying a new cylinder head, it won't work with the stock cylinder, which is built like a tank, by the way. If you keep the stock cylinder, you'll need to drill out the pin holding the head on, but once you do that, you can open it up fine. And there are plenty of how tos out there to learn how to do that.

Don't get a 170 spring, get a 150.

Everything else looks legit, I wouldn't worry about barrel spacers too much, until you upgrade to a long ass barrel. Which isn't necessary in the first place, the 430 is fine.

Any other questions, just ask.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well depending on your FPS rules. The regulations in Michigan makes 550fps the limit. With my 170 and a 6.01 barrel, I was pushing close to 650. I suppose you could get the 170, and if over time you wanted to lower it, you could custom cut the spring to your liking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It looks like I understood wrong, I read ( don't remember where ) that a 170 spring would go around 550 fps. But if you were pushing 650, I'll get a 150 spring. And also what Bi-pod would you suggest? :)
Maybe this one?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2173

I want to figure everything I need to upgrade this for, maybe around, Christmas time

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.