1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
flippin said:
metallicafatcat said:
Yes it can contain an M150.
lol smartass....
Generally, in order to run anything above an m130 spring, reinforcement of the gears, pistons, etc.. are needed
No they don't, I have several friends who run more powerful sprigs with stock gears and pistons at much higher rate of fire than DMRs. The OPs question was vague so I gave a vague answer. The gears may need replacing as I've never really trusted G&G gears but the piston is questionable. The original G&G veterans ran an M130 stock with upgrade parts but it is no longer LE now.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the question being so vague. I've read that the internals are upgraded. There is a review on here somewhere, but I couldn't fins it to post a link in reference. I was hoping I could just put the new spring in and be ok, but I'm starting to think otherwise. What are the parts I will have to replace to add the spring? And what do you mean the original g&g veterans are no longer LE now?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
the3rdeye88 said:
Don't know much about it. Bought the spring first, then found out I might break stuff.
Yeah, spring upgrades are generally one of the last things you should look into.

Despite the fact that it might hold up fine, why risk it?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
the3rdeye88 said:
I was wanting range. Figured Fps = range, and the rest of the internals sounded pretty good. Thought it might have worked until I started looking into it a little further.
Fps is overrated. I can get out to 200ft with 328 fps and a good rubber. The only problem is you dont feel getting hit. So yes, as the wise fuzzy said, upgrade the hop first.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Dutton said:
G&G M14s, and TM M14s in generally have one of the best stock hop ups out there. Possibly switch out the bucking for a stock TM or a Systema bucking, but there's not much else outside of that to make the hop up any better than they already are.
I heard a few guys putting some SCS/PCS nubs in, and that seemed to do some wonders.

·
Registered
118 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Dutton said:
G&G M14s, and TM M14s in generally have one of the best stock hop ups out there. Possibly switch out the bucking for a stock TM or a Systema bucking, but there's not much else outside of that to make the hop up any better than they already are.
I heard a few guys putting some SCS/PCS nubs in, and that seemed to do some wonders.
My experience with SCS/PCS nubs in a M14 general produces over hop.
BB flies nice under 200ft, then soars up up and away past that.
Highly polished bb's are even worse.

SCS, H nub's in other AEGs seem to work wonders though.

I have a PDI W hold bucking in my G&G M14 with M120 spring, shooting mid 400's and I'm reaching 240-250ft consistently.
Even hit a target at 270ish feet a few times.

Currently I'm considering a M130 spring, some torque gears. Already have torque motor sitting around. Wanted to boost FPS up to 470-480, but I doubt that will add much range.

Just that saying goes through my mind, if it's not broken, leave it alone!

A M150 spring in a G&G M14 you should replace most the internals.
V2 Torque gears, Short Torque Motor, Tappet plate, (AUG) air nozzle,
V2 piston/head, V3 spring guide. Stock cylinder and cylinder head should be fine, but could be upgraded.

G&G short motors are hit and miss. I've seen one barely able to pull a M115-M120 spring. My M14 motor handles a M120 alright, but could be better. Still functions though.
Not 100% certain what motor comes with a G&G Veteran M14.

M130 is plenty in a M14 though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nope, they're much more common in the R/C world though. The cordless drill battery wouldn't put out near the amperage his pack does, unfortunately, it went boom as LiPos tend due, but it put out in the neighborhood of 250-300 amps if I did my math right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.