Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Abbey brut sniper gas.
Had to order the propane adapter from abroad, so can't use mapp/pro till it gets here.
But only shooting at 394 til .43g BB's.

Your thinking that the pressure of the gas isn't high enough to get the consistency?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The brut sniper gas is a dry gas, so no lubrication there. also checked bucking few days ago before making the post 200 shot fps test.

barrel is clean and bone dry.
But cleaned the barrel with isopropyl alcohol and soft cloth and cleaned the bucking with the same and a Q-tip to remove any grime from the inside anyway just to be sure pre test.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
well, guess you'll have to try with MapPro when you get it, and if that fails try to get the pin that locks the screw out and play around with it until you find a consistent position.

How do you find the accuracy and range so far?

Yesterday a friend that runs a VFC M40A5 uploaded a very informal video just as a proof for another friend that didn't believed us...

4/4 hits at a quite small plate... at 96 meters (100 yards)
https://www.facebook.com/cobre.tozzi/videos/pcb.2324272114358730/2324268204359121/?type=3&theater

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yea guess there's nothing else for it. Was hoping I could avoid the power tools, always a chance of stuff going wrong when you use those XD
As a hint for a good starting position how far out do you have your power adjustment screw?

haven't taken that many aimed shots, most were just into a padded box, since I used a bunch of .36g BB's that I'm not using anymore just to wear in the gun.
I have taken a few pot shots at the neighbors garage though hehe
Think it's about 60-70 meters away. and they were flying dead straight, except for a few flyers now and then.
I'd say that despite the lowish power, it's doing good so far, I'll see how it does once I've modded the power adjustment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did anyone had feeding issues? If i dont push the magazine up while i cicle the bolt it doesnt feed the bbs...
By the way... I've bought a maple leaf bucking, the Stock barrel needs to be upgrade or its good enough?
Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did anyone had feeding issues? If i dont push the magazine up while i cicle the bolt it doesnt feed the bbs...
By the way... I've bought a maple leaf bucking, the Stock barrel needs to be upgrade or its good enough?
Many thanks!!!
I have 4 mags and never had a feeding issue.
Did it always have this issue or only after you put in the new bucking?

I'd probably check if the internal magazine is seated all the way in. The top rear edge of the mag where the flow valve and the top front where the bb's feed is has to be flush with the casing.
And check if the little wedge at the back which locks the mag in is damaged of malformed.

I never tested the stock barrel because stock barrels are usually not that good.
I personally got a 590mm maple leaf crazy jet barrel (it's labled as being made for his rifle). It sticks out of the outer barrel by about 38mm but easily fits inside the flash hider.

On a personal progress note, still haven't received the propane adapter. But fiddling with the power adjustment has decreased the fps inconsistency of the most inconsistent mag from 35.7 fps to 10fps max-min. still a little bit to go, but getting close :tup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just came back from Asgard Deadlock milsim in Poland (1000 players, 2 days of consistent operation) and can only say “WOW”. Everyone who didn’t know the rifle could not believe how far I was able to shoot with 0.46 and 0.48. I’ve put Maple Leaf 600mm inner barrel and the black Autobot bucking as the pink one was overhopping with the hop up arm removed. I did use the C clip though (should I not?). The only problem I got is that the bb goes left after around 70-80 meter so I had to tilt the rifle right around 15 degrees - did anyone have this issue? Other than that I was able to outshoot DMRs which proves the point of using BASR on a milsim.

On a side note: release valve pin on the mag may come loose - need to be screwed in until turns with more force - if it unscrews to much you will not put the mag in and it will potentially break when forcing into the rifle. Mapp Pro works good but over 25C it may become impossible or hard for the hammer to open the valve due to increased pressure - this causes FPS variation. I even used stronger springs on the hammer (WII Tech upgrade) but it did not help much so don’t use mapp pro when it’s too hot. I’m getting over 600fps with the adj screw 3/4 backed on Puff Dino 14bar green gas (no lube version).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I've put Maple Leaf 600mm inner barrel and the black Autobot bucking as the pink one was overhopping with the hop up arm removed.
I thought I was seeing this as well, bought some BLS .50g BB's to test with once I get the consistency dialed in. But weathers been crap here so haven't been able to do much testing.

Mapp Pro works good but over 25C it may become impossible or hard for the hammer to open the valve due to increased pressure - this causes FPS variation. I even used stronger springs on the hammer (WII Tech upgrade) but it did not help much so don't use mapp pro when it's too hot. I'm getting over 600fps with the adj screw 3/4 backed on Puff Dino 14bar green gas
With Brut sniper gas I'm getting 615fps with .2g/ 3.52 Joules with the adjuster about half way, perhaps I should try some lower pressure gas just to see if that might fix some of the issues. But again weathers been crap here, so gotta wait till it hopefully clears up a bit.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
. I did use the C clip though (should I not?). The only problem I got is that the bb goes left after around 70-80 meter so I had to tilt the rifle right around 15 degrees - did anyone have this issue?
Those might not be separate issues, but the cause and effect.
With the C ring installed the Autobot bucking ends up too tight on the M40A5 chamber, which might be causing pinching. Which can very much explain the uneven hoping, the overhoping with the pink one, and may even damage the bucking.

But each gun might vary... So first thing I would do is test without the C ring. That might fix everything instantly.

Other than that, check the fitting of the hop arm with the chamber and shim it if you find any side wobble.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had to travel to Austria so no time for testing, I will be back on Monday. Green will be too soft imho, I use green one in my mp5 at 350fps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Small update, propane adapter and mapp/pro finally arrived, did some small testing seems to do wonders for the consistency, it's getting into the acceptable range of fps variance, but jeesh the smell XD

Think any more testing will have to be done outside, which means I will have to wait for this horrid rain to let up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Small update, propane adapter and mapp/pro finally arrived, did some small testing seems to do wonders for the consistency, it's getting into the acceptable range of fps variance, but jeesh the smell XD

Think any more testing will have to be done outside, which means I will have to wait for this horrid rain to let up.
How's the rifle working for you? Still consistent? Any further discussions to report?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Testing is a bit on hold.
Weather here has been too bad to do any meaningful tests outside and the smell from the gas means GF won't let me test inside hehe.

When the weather improves I plan on continuing the tests, it does have issues with consistence around the 600+fps mark (limit here is 656 fps/4 Joules for BASR) which I can see I'm not the only one that noticed, so plan is to lower the fps to around 550 and seeing if that helps.

but as I said, can't do anything till the weather improves.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I have gotten myself one of these and I am pretty happy with it.

The consistency is strange— the first couple shots in the mag will have a spread of ~15-20 FPS, and then the rest will have that legendary consistency of about +/- 3 variation. Honestly this doesn’t bother me because realistically 15-20 FPS change on a couple shots will not mess up shots too badly, and the rest of the mag is crazy locked in. That being said has anyone seen this come up in their rifles?

Overall build quality is crazy good. Like crazy good. It is heavy but whatever it’s a good kind of heavy. The parts feel solid in hand and overall I’m really pleased. We just got 75cm of snow so it’s hard to test accuracy but I will follow up when it’s not a whiteout and I can see the bb fly.

One question for others—do you have an efficient way to load the bb’s? The follower in the mag is hidden so You can’t pull it down to load. Makes it difficult to get all 15 bb’s in there. Is there some special loading method or a special speed loader that would help?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
One question for others-do you have an efficient way to load the bb's? The follower in the mag is hidden so You can't pull it down to load. Makes it difficult to get all 15 bb's in there. Is there some special loading method or a special speed loader that would help?
It should come with a small plastic bit that fits onto the included speedloader, which will help you load bb's

·
Registered
118 Posts
One question for others-do you have an efficient way to load the bb's? The follower in the mag is hidden so You can't pull it down to load. Makes it difficult to get all 15 bb's in there. Is there some special loading method or a special speed loader that would help?
It should come with a small plastic bit that fits onto the included speedloader, which will help you load bb's
I got mine used so it did not come 😕
Can anyone who has one of these please take a few pictures and either post or send to my email? I can design and print a copy but would be good to have a shape to start from.

Bloodrite you said it was your experience that the map gas has improved consistency? Maybe I can try that.
I was very excited to try the accuracy test today on A new autobot 70*, a lapped maple leaf barrel, and the wiitech HopUp (really pretty unit by the way. Looks and feels as high quality as my AA VSR chamber) but... the snow! We have maybe 30 ft visibility for the next couple days and then I am traveling for a week. ...some day I will know if it shoots accurately, but for now I can be impressed and happy with the build quality and relative consistency.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts