Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Dude, that looks totally awesome!!!!!
I don't really have too much experience with GBB except a pistol, and from my experience and others GBB isn't a thing for everyone.
Maybe I'll just have to build one that has an HPA engine inside it.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, that looks totally awesome!!!!!
I don't really have too much experience with GBB except a pistol, and from my experience and others GBB isn't a thing for everyone.
Maybe I'll just have to build one that has an HPA engine inside it.....
Thanks.GBB's aren't that bad honestly.I ran electrics for yrs,and when I got into gas,I wont go back.You wont need hpa honestly,and if you decide anyway,easier to simply tap a mag.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
VFC has certainly stepped up their GBB game in the last couple of years. What a beauty you got there, congrats!

I'm curious on how gas inconsistencies affect performance. Do you HPA tap them? Is the fps consistency too awfu
Not anywhere near a big of a deal as people make it to be. I've been running a WE SVD GBBR as my primary for years and I can assure you, it outreaches any other DMR on the field, and provides the same precision as a top shelf AEG would.

The real causes for GBBRs inaccuracy myth are (over)lubed gas drenching the bucking and barrel and the crappy hops that great brands such as GHK still have, has VFC used to have. Now they run VSR type as they always should have.

Running a GBB DMR is perfectly feasible with any recent VFC, WE, or TM, just got to use dry gas and manually lube the seal between the nozzle and bolt carrier.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VFC has certainly stepped up their GBB game in the last couple of years. What a beauty you got there, congrats!

I'm curious on how gas inconsistencies affect performance. Do you HPA tap them? Is the fps consistency too awfu
I hear you,snd completely agree.This one has an absolutely excellent chamber.Rotary adjustment,with a very rigid arm.Like you,I run straight propane in all my gas guns in the summer,and MAPP fas in a few I have replaced all the orings in with NBR orings.No one should use oiled gad in any gas gun period end of discussion.The oil atomizes inside the gun and gets everywhere.It attracts dirt leafing to more full disassemblies and cleanings,and fouls buckings leading to double feeds and bolt bounce in some models.For snappy cycling,I polish ALL bolt guides,and any other contact surface the bolt makes with any other part I also crosshatch the nozzle wells on all bolts to reduce surface area inside the nozzle well,and improve nozzle oring lubrication.On models I have that allow it,I also crosshatch the inside of the upper to improve bolt cycling for the same reasons

Not anywhere near a big of a deal as people make it to be. I've been running a WE SVD GBBR as my primary for years and I can assure you, it outreaches any other DMR on the field, and provides the same precision as a top shelf AEG would.

The real causes for GBBRs inaccuracy myth are (over)lubed gas drenching the bucking and barrel and the crappy hops that great brands such as GHK still have, has VFC used to have. Now they run VSR type as they always should have.

Running a GBB DMR is perfectly feasible with any recent VFC, WE, or TM, just got to use dry gas and manually lube the seal between the nozzle and bolt carrier.
I completely agree with you.Where everyone gets it wrong is the oiled gas.Oiled gas should never be used.The atomized oil gets all over the inside of the gun,and prompts users to do more total tear downs to do copious amounts of cleaning.Worse still,the oil also fouls buckings making them less effective,and in the worse case scenario,leads to double feeds and bolt bounce.If you ever get a chance,I run straight propane in the summer,and in a few rifles,I run MAPP gas in others with those rifles having all their orings replaced with NBR orings.I HIGHLY recommend the VFC G3.All steele and polymer furniture construction,and an absolutely excellent chamber.Rotary style,with a very rigid arm.Barrel screws to the chamber making for an overall rigid inner barrel platform.For snappy cycling,I polish ALL bolt guides,and any other contact surface on the bolt with any other gun part.I also crosshatch the nozzle well on all bolts.This process reduces surface area on the inside of the nozzle well,but also improves oring lubrication.This greatly improves the nozzles ability to keep up with the bolt,improving the snappiness of the bolt.On models with weak nozzle return springs,shortening the spring reduces or eliminates gas venting from the ejection port on very fast cycling bolts.On some models,I also crosshatch the inside of the upper to improve bolt cycling for essentially the same reasons I do it for the loading nozzle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts