Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

VSR 10 303mm and 0.48 with airbrake piston setup question.

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BlackDogAirsoft 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum but not new to sniping.
I have a little question to ask. I am currently refreshing my vsr setup.
Here is what i would like to use (500 fps with 0.2 bbs setup and actual bbs to use 0.48 (322fps)):

edGI cylinder plus cylinder head, wasp piston gen. 2 (heaviest insert plus longest airbrake end), 303 mm tnt inner barrel r hoped, 0.48 bbs.

My concern is if inner barrel is not too short for 0.48 bbs ? and if not will airbrake compensate excess of air volume? i have other alternative - use 428 mm barrel with 0.43 bbs (all barrels are 6.03).

What is your opinion regarding that matter?

Thank you for help guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
303mm and .48 will likely be fine.

430mm and .43 is a good match for volume when NOT using an airbrake. I don't have experience with using them personally. I WILL say that if you're limited to 500fps with .2g, then even with a very good joule creep build (which it seems like you're going for) you likely won't have quite enough power to get the .48s out as far as you would the .43g with a 430mm barrel.

If you use a 430mm barrel, your fps with .2g will likely increase over a 303mm barrel, so take that into account as well.

#3 ·
Air brake basically reduce the useful air volume, also it's reducing at where the piston reaches the maximum energy. 303mm barrel is fine, just take into account that with a air brake is kind of equivalent of using a weaker spring (piston acceleration ends when reach the air brake, so the maximum energy of the piston is like what a weaker spring can provide)

#4 ·
At an estimate, you want a cylinder to barrel ratio of 3.45:1. If you have that then good.
Though for a JC build you do not want the piston as it will dramatically reduce the JC.

#5 ·
Thanks for replies guys.
I am going to play tomorrow and will see how this setup performs.
I used 303mm variant with heavy airbraked piston.
After chrono joule creep is around 45 fps - 455 with 0.2 and 320 fps with 0.48.
I see how far they will fly tomorrow.

Thanks again for answers.

#9 ·
This is a bit of a necro post, and I doubt that guy will be returning here anytime soon.

You could get an SCW piston and weight it yourself, and use a 300mm barrel for maximum Joule Creep.
Alternatively, I would strongly recommend a Lambda cylinder set with a 370X6.00 barrel and a Rapax 2J spring.
From there, just weight the piston until you get the highest power you can get with your desired BB weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.