5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have some time ago upgraded my G-Spec with the following parts:

Action Army VSR 10 G-Spec (300mm) 6.03 Precision Barrel
Action Army VSR Rifle Replacement Hop Unit - CNC Aluminium
Action Army Sniper Barrel Spacers
Action Army M150 upgrade spring TM VSR series rifles
Maple Leaf Omage Nub / Tensioner (Airsoft)
Maple Leaf - Monster Hop Rubbers GBB / VSR / WE / TM - 50 60 70 75 80 Degree [70]
AirsoftPro CNC Zero Trigger Kit For VSR Version 4 5377

However i am struggling to get high FPS with this set up. My current numbers are:

426fps with 0.2g
392fps with 0.25g
363fps with 0.36g

I am mainly using 0.36g as they look to give best performance, but the fps with 0.2 looks really bad.

Can someone please advise on what might be wrong with this set up and what could i improve to get closer to 500fps with 0.2...

I cant get good seal either, if i put my finger against the end of the barrel, the air gets out through somewhere else.

Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Maple Leaf - Monster Hop Rubbers GBB / VSR / WE / TM - 50 60 70 75 80 Degree [70]

However i am struggling to get high FPS with this set up. My current numbers are:

426fps with 0.2g
392fps with 0.25g
363fps with 0.36g

I am mainly using 0.36g as they look to give best performance, but the fps with 0.2 looks really bad.

Can someone please advise on what might be wrong with this set up and what could i improve to get closer to 500fps with 0.2...

I cant get good seal either, if i put my finger against the end of the barrel, the air gets out through somewhere else.

Your fps does seem low. I just installed a AA M150 spring in a standard VSR-10 and my fps was 505 with 2g. I cut two coils and now my fps is about 470 with 2g..
I don't know about the G-spec. With your shorter barrel, less fps?
Check your air seal. If there is no problem with your air seal, install a M-170 spring and cut a couple of coils to reach desired fps.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
First, when chronoing your VSR10 with 0.2gm, you are chronoing it with the hopup off. This will give you lower than normal fps. The VSR is different to most AEG's that it will gain fps with the more hop you applied. So most people chrono it with 0.2gm but with the hopup set to shoot the heavy bb's nice and straight.

You are getting 2.19 joules on 0.36gm and a 300mm inner barrel (Hopup set for 0.36gm bb's). So a short barrel. 2.19 joules is the equivalent to 489fps on 0.2gm. With a new AA M150 spring and the correct cylinder to barrel ratio (A 500mm barrel for 0.36gm) for I would I would expect about 500-510fps. This would then drop back once the spring is worn it to about 490fps.

If you do have an air leak, it is the major reason as to why you have lower fps. It is the length of your barrel. You should try a 500mm or a 470mm x 6.01. The 470mm inner barrel will allow you to use both 0.4gm bb's and 0.36gm bb's to high effect.

·
Registered
447 Posts
(A 500mm barrel for 0.36gm) for I would I would expect about 500-510fps. .
that sounds about right. But with that 300mm he could use heavier bbs and net some nice results

Do what 1tonne said and re crono it dialed in for .40 or heavier . If you get the same results or LOSE power, then you are looking at an airleak. And since I didnt see a new cylinder or cylinder head in your list im going to guess thats where the issue is. ML buckings seem not to like stock cylinder heads

Now something you should know, that short barrel is going to cause creep a bit, so don't panic over lower .20 readings. Use joules and watch the deviation of the FPS readings to diagnose if its leaking somewhere

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Agreed with ArkAngel. Though I would get rid of the 300mm barrel as you have so much waist air since you are using 0.36gm or 0.4gm bb's.

Here is a chart that may help you as to what inner barrel goes with what bb weight.
0.3gm bb use a 554mm barrel (15821 mm^3) = 2.26:1
0.32gm bb use a 530mm barrel (15136 mm^3) = 2.36:1
0.36gm bb use a 500mm barrel (14279 mm^3) = 2.51:1
0.4gm bb use a 470mm barrel (13422 mm^3) = 2.67:1
0.43gm bb use a 430mm barrel (12279 mm^3) = 2.92:1
0.45gm bb use a 400mm Barrel (11423 mm^3) = 3.13:1
This will get you the most efficiency out of your system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for great responses. Can anyone advise on a cylinder head which would go well with the stock cylinder and AA hop up unit? I am pretty sure thats where the problem is.

I am not getting any air leak when placing my finger over a cylinder head itself on a dismantled gun, however the air just leaves if i assemble it and try checking with my finger over the end of the barrel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

426fps with 0.2g
392fps with 0.25g
363fps with 0.36g

Hello Everyone,

426fps with 0.2g
392fps with 0.25g
363fps with 0.36g

Im not an expert by any means …. But my guess is your Action Army VSR Rifle Replacement Hop Unit - CNC Aluminium…. I have not built one for the vsr10 , i have the gold spec vsr10 but have not modded the hop up unit ….. how ever i have modded many others , and one thing that came to mind while reading this , action army came out with thier own upgrade hop up unit for the AAP-01 assassin pistol , i know apples to oranges … but i do see some similarity’s and i would be willing to bet you have an O ring failure in the hop up unit ( again i havent handled or dismanteld the exact part , just simular product ,) unsure if this is the case , but i would check there …
Also if you wish to increase your fps further what have you done with the cylinder .?? I can make the stock cylinder jump a fair bit with a fit of light sanding to allow more air to enter the nozel ahead of the piston head , when you take the bolt appart to get to the spring the original piston is a white plastic , you can see there are some holes drilled in the sides for some kind of air brake im guessing … i havent messed with those , but as you travel to the front of the plastic piston you will see the padded head with the white rod sticking out of it , gas doesnt flow threw this tip , its solid Gas flows around it as the chamber gets smaller , if you take that white rod , along with some really fine grit 320 grit , sand paper and you polish that down abit , get rid of the weld lines from the mold , dont worry about the rest of the cylinder dont mess with that , just polish the rod a very small amount , make it smooth , done hone it for ever 30 seconds of spinning it up and down your leg is good , re feel , clean it up put it back together and enjoy your new found consistent fps jump …. But as far as your description and issue i would check the oring thats inside your action army hop up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts