Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be buying a JG Bar-10 and a lot of internal upgrades for it once I get the cash. I know that the Angel internals are new, but they are cheaper than the alternatives.
I don't want to take a chance with the stock trigger box, so I added the Laylax zero trigger rather than the Angel vsr-10 piston and sear. But, I kept the Angel spring guide. My question is whether or not the spring guide, piston and trigger box will all function together properly without modifying individual parts. Or is there another spring guide that you would recommend that works with Laylax Zero Trigger and the piston that comes with it.

Here's my shopping list:
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=28628 JG Bar-10 w/ bipod
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32047 Laylax Zero trigger / Piston
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=35659 Angel Spring guide
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31186 Laylax 170 spring
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31179 Laylax 6.03 tbb
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=28401 KA air seal chamber
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32490 WE .36g BBs
www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=30851 Spare bar-10 mags

Will all of these items work together in the rifle?
Should I downgrade the spring to a 150? I want to have an FPS at around 480 with .3g
Any comments, suggestions or snide remarks?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the field I play at, people are running everywhere and never staying in one place so having a speedy BB helps out a lot. But, what about the spring guide? Do you recommend a different one that will work with the Zero trigger / Piston?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really have no idea what draws me too evike. I just like their whole layout for some reason. I checked airsoft atlanta and i think most of the laylax products are sold out.

Do you think it would be better to just get ASGIs pre-upgraded G700g?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, I've never bought any internals or sniper rifles from evike. I usually go there for GBBs or AEGs. I'll probably end up buying the gun, mags, speed loader, and bbs from evike and then get all of the internals from somewhere else.
I just e-mailed evike (hoping to get a good answer
) asking them what brand names are rebrands (like matrix). And I also specifically asked them about the new Angel Custom parts and whether or not they are a legitimate company.

EDIT:

Is a teflon coated cylinder necessary or is the stock one fine? This one:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7490

This or that bucking?
Firefly: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=362_364&products_id=4008
KA: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=28401

By the way, I found the spring guide on ASGI
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4114

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry to be kinda an ass... Just be warned.
-------------

Why are you buying from Evike? They have next to ZERO quality internals for sniper rifles. Sure they have the zero tigger and such and such, but for $225!!! At airsoft extreme, I can get one for $175! That is a $50 difference, and both of the stores are located in the states! My favorite company is Tokyo Model company, and they have on of the shittiest layouts of any airsoft site. You can't even search their site, you have to go through google. But they have the best prices, and free shipping from HK. Therefore, they get most of my internal purchases. Now, I will admit to buying my BAR 10 and scope and some horrible matrix bbs from evike. They are super soft, and I've founds mold lines. But anyways, evike has the worst BASR internals. Period. Overpriced, and they try to market their rebrand clone crap as the real deal, and the best thing ever. If all that draws you is their layout, and their severely overpriced prices don't tell you anything, I don't know what to say...

Also just take our advice for once! Yes Matrix stuff is a crappy rebrand. No, you shouldn't buy it is yu hope to have a well performing sniper rifle. Same with Angle Custom, and whatever little known crap you may want. Sorry to be harsh, but I just don't like people to throw out their money to evike, and they scamming rebrand techniques.

Sorry if all this sounds mean... But I'm doing this for your good. I typed this essay ::) on my iPod, because one more person we can save from wasting their money from evike... The better. Hopefully you, and other readers of this thread will save their money, and order stuff from real brands, like PDI and laylax. If one person decides to up, not downgrade their rifle by buying from respectable sellers and brands, then great, it was worth the time I spent writing this post.

And don't get me started and to what the customer service dept. will say, but "the best part to ever grace airsoft kind" will be in there multiple times, at best.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
o.o from your iPod!!!
You weren't being an ass at all (Very informative actually). Thank you for telling me what you think of them as a company. Is there ever that chance of not getting the stuff you buy in HK because of customs? Or was that only with the M4 GBB's a while back
Shopping list for Redwolf:
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/EliteShark/Screenshot2011-07-16at103911PM.png
Any good? Its going to cost a lot more now because they don't have the bar-10, only the real deal

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ya know, I bought a BAR 10 instead of the VSR 10, but now I really wish I went the other way. First, you don't have to buy the TM VSR hop chamber, which saves you 60 bucks, so now your at $160 vs. $200. The higher quality metal and plastic I think makes up for the $40 you save with the BAR 10, especially when you are looking to sink a ton of money into upgrades. You can also tell people you have the real deal :)

Now, lets see about that list...
---------------------------------------
  • First, the z-trig is very expensive there... <UID>]http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=443_460&products_id=3256 (out of stock, I know, but you can find it cheaper. Look around)
  • The barrel is a good choice. For 430mm, I would suggest a 6.03, or a 6.05 mm barrel. Laylax makes nice steel barrels.[/*:m:1358slw1]
  • 150 spring... just what I like[/*:m:1358slw1]
  • Ball bearing spring guide, looking good. This isn't really necessary, but nice as to not put any torque on your spring (not that you really do in BASR's, as opposed to AEG's... but nice to have)[/*:m:1358slw1]
  • Then the scope mount, no problems[/*:m:1358slw1]
  • and a magazine (only one though (+1 with rifle)? I have two currently, but if you wear gear with your ghillie, then you can have some more. I just use my BDU's to hold my stuff when I'm sniping/recon-ing :) ) [/*:m:1358slw1]
  • Also, no scope? Do you have a spare, or are you looking for one?[/*:m:1358slw1]

Then I think you're good. Are you passing on the teflon cylinder? Can improve bolt pull a bit (you probably won't have problems with a 150) and can improve fps somewhat, but I'm sure the stock TM ones are decent.

Also, you might want a sling, since it seems like you are buying a full kit. Also, speedloaders are VERY NICE to load the mags... and bringing one into the field is more beneficial than an extra mag. They are like $2 too... can't go wrong with that.

Hopefully I covered everything...

EDIT: Haha, just kidding... who am I joking... Bipod? Some people swear by them, I think they make your rifle heavier and more of a pain while slung... But sometimes when my hand is getting tired from staying in a still position and not moving I'm like ahhh... where's my bipod!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I haven't really looked around for another z-trigger, but I'll start today. I already have a scope that I'm going to be using, but later on I'm going to have to replace it. It's pretty crappy but gets the job done.
I really can't spend over $600 because than its going to take me way to long to get the cash. I Finally found my speed loader, so I won't need to add that to the list. Teflon coated cylinder will definitely come later. Gotta love the look of it when its installed. The field I play at is mostly dry DRY brush and desert
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> (SoCal -- Mr. Paintball), so right now all I have is some 3 color desert BDUs. I'm going to look into doing Fuzzywolly's ghillie guide later on. I have a pretty good sling (1-point sadly), but I am going to take the shoulder sling off of an old luggage bag to save some money

What do you think about .3g BBs? I'll probably add those to the shopping cart when I find a cheaper z-trigger

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw someone post something about the DeepFire Sears being very well constructed. So I just thought that their barrels should be great too. Anyone else have other thoughts? Plus it's cheaper xD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.