Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a VSR knowing it had problems, firstly the spring had been chopped and was to short for the spring guide stopper to stay in place have replaced with a 100Sp spring. However when I pull back the bolt as I release pressure to push bolt forward again the piston slips and doesn't seem to stay in place on the sear. It has all stock internals and the piston and sear do not look worn at all, any veterans care to offer any advice.

Any help greatly appreciated,

James

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there an adjustable trigger?
If it's anything like my Sunproject, the trigger pull needs to be adjusted to stop the piston sear slipping off.
I'm probably way off the mark, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the trigger is adjustable but at the moment its wound all the way out for the longest trigger pull. Have tested a few times but it doesn't seem to be that, very good idea though. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
A 90 degree sear and piston might be a solution or you could try just changing the original piston sear for something a little more robust. The original part can look minty fresh but in actual fact be worn just enough to no longer hold the piston back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info will order a sear today and if problem persists ill order a piston aswell. Does anyone rate the nineball hop rubbers aswell as will order one of those with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New sear should be here tomorrow. After another look the sear seems to be only just catching the piston and not the whole thing, Is there anything else that could be contributing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New piston sear installed and same problem, Doesn't seem to catch enough of the piston only the very edge. :(

EDIT:

After a closer look I'm sure the piston is contacting the middle of the sear does this mean the piston may be ever so slightly worn. Should the stock piston handle a 100Sp spring? Any idea if the Laylax high pressure piston will solve this?

Again any help greatly appreciated

James

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is the gun missing either of the cylinder guide rings? If so, the upward force from the 45degree sear will push the cylinder up, causing the piston to disengage/not engage right to begin with.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
DH just said what I was going to.

And did you get a set of 45* sears? You might as well bite the bullet and get a 90* piston as well as a 90* sear set. That way you don't have to worry about the sear pushing the piston to the top of the cylinder.

I know when I had this problem, the one other thing that you can look at is this...... Is the sear resetting back to its normal position? If the spring is broke that keeps the sear in the upright position, then you will get a slam fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.