Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that you guys don't really like questions like this, but it would really help me make my decision. I already have an L96 but my nephew who plays airsoft with me always wanted a bolt action airsoft and I was planning to give him my L96 and get a Vsr 10, since our local airsoft retailer has majority parts for the Vsr 10. Money would really not be a problem but I basically don't want to give away a rifle that hasn't given me any problems, and then get a rifle that would make my head explode. Should I get a Vsr 10 and what upgrades should I get for it? On a side note our local airsoft retailer mainly orders parts from redwolf, I haven't seen any laylax parts that they have but they do have angel custom parts, are those any good???

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and thanks in advance cheers guys.

P.s sorry for the long rant just felt that I had to get my point out so you guys know where i'm coming from.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Considering how countless people love the VSR-10, I really wouldn't doubt that it's a good gun.

So yes, get it if you want. There are some flaws in it, like the 45 degree trigger mechanism, but you say that money is not an issue, and money is what it takes to solve lots of those problems.

Also, Angel Custom is the same as Laylax for lots of their parts, but all around they are fantastic. Action Army is also fantastic, and they carry a practically exact clone of a Laylax Zero Trigger for 1/3 the price AND with a 90 degree piston.

So...
TDC your chamber
Shim the arm or get a Danger Werx arm
Polish your barrel or buy a new one (most people would recommend Prommy 6.03 or higher like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6959) and then polish it
R-hop/ER-hop
wrap the bucking in teflon tape for airseal
wrap the cylinder head threads in teflon tape for airseal
barrel spacers
new cylinder/cylinder internals/trigger if you want (I would go with an Action Army Zero Trigger, Action Army teflon cylinder set, Polarstar 90 degree piston (order it direct from them. I'm personally a massive Polarstar fanboy) and Polarstar ball bearing spring guide, though Angel Custom cup seal piston and spring guide would work just fine. Oh, and a m170 spring)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've had my bar10 for a while and it hasn't given me any problems that couldn't easily be fixed. I got it because I like the feel of the angled handle better than the handle on the l96. So to answer your question, I do recommend the bar10, or any other vsr clone.

Scan over a few pages in the general section and see if you can find any more threads on this topic. We've answered it at length before, so there's no need to start the same thread all over again.

Just to work off the parts list lulukchoo23 gave you, don't get the dangerwerx arm because the stock arm in all likeliness isn't going to break. If you get the r-hop and do the TDC mod you aren't going to use it anyway. Skip getting the teflon cylinder and the piston. The stock cylinder will probably never break on you and the only thing the teflon cylinder does is makes the pull smoother. The AA z-trig (very good) comes with a piston that at least gives me a perfect air seal. As for the barrel spacers, use a one piece wax spacer because it will work better than multiple smaller ones and it is much much cheaper.

I can't say much for the Angel Custom parts, but I know at least their spring is terrible. I have their m170 spring and within 100 shots it compressed so much it felt like the stock spring. I'm only keeping it because I like the lower fps and it probably isn't going to compress much anymore.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, I only suggested the cylinder and such at his discretion, which is why I said "if you want."

I felt like OP has a good budget, so I was a little more liberal about suggesting to buy stuff lol

·
Registered
951 Posts
I am very pleased with my MB08. It looks much more intimidating and isnt that bad stock.

Stock, it has a 90 degree trigger system, which i am still running as of now.

Both rifles are very good, and IMO its purely what you visually like more.

Partswise, I am very fond of the PDI material.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
They're both amazing stock and when upgraded, so go for the one you like the look of more. :p

How old is your nephew? The L96 may be too heavy for him...? Has he tested the weight of it before? - Edited.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Angel Custom parts I heard are not that good, the spring mainly. I have never heard anybody say anything about the cylinder so that might be good but dont go for the springs.I would just go for what you think you like better, pretty much they are a buch of upgrades for both platforms.(Now of course talking about the gun)

·
Registered
212 Posts
One guy I talked to over the web owned an Angel Customs's Metal Trigger Housing for the L96. It's not a complete trigger unit... just the box. It's made of aluminum, anodized I believe, and it takes stock or stock compatible sears, along with the stock springs and rods and such.

The guy said the trigger box is pretty much a tank, though I'm personally not a big fan of the stock L96's jerky sear system design. As for the rest of their stuff, the pistons, spring guide, VSR-10 chamber, and cylinder all look like they're Laylax. At the same time, some of their stuff like those cylinder upgrade kits look like old school K2 upgrade parts, so who knows...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
They're both amazing stock and when upgraded, so go for the one you like the look of more. :p

How old is your nephew? The L96 may be too heavy for him...? Has he tested the weight of it before? - Edited.
Honestly hes only 16 and from the looks of it I wouldn't worry to much about the weight for him. Lol I mean he is already taller then me and I'm 5'3. To put it simple he is basically a tank but what can I say he wants to be a sniper. The svd he has kind of troubles him because he has to pull the bolt with basically one finger.

Btw Just came back from the retails and they have some echo 1 m28 for $270 and the vsr 10 are going for $289. How are the m28s and should I throw in the extra $20 for the vsr 10???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok guys I've decided to go ahead and get me the vsr 10 next payday. I'm about 95% sure its a real vsr 10, I didn't check if it says tokyo marui on the side but I do remember seeing vsr stamped on the rubber butt pad. The problem is that it is not a g-spec Its got the front and rear sights.

Thank you all for helping me make my decision.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That's alright, you just need to buy a scope rail for it (the G-spec comes with one already).

There's loads of DIY mods you can do on the VSR-10 so just have a look around the forum, and if you need any help just ask. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
One guy I talked to over the web owned an Angel Customs's Metal Trigger Housing for the L96. It's not a complete trigger unit... just the box. It's made of aluminum, anodized I believe, and it takes stock or stock compatible sears, along with the stock springs and rods and such.

The guy said the trigger box is pretty much a tank, though I'm personally not a big fan of the stock L96's jerky sear system design. As for the rest of their stuff, the pistons, spring guide, VSR-10 chamber, and cylinder all look like they're Laylax. At the same time, some of their stuff like those cylinder upgrade kits look like old school K2 upgrade parts, so who knows...
fijo custom specializes in vsr upgrades and L96, manufactures steel complete trigger and cylinders etc etc etc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.