Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Had a look around and there is a lot of knowledge between all members, so I wanted to put my thoughts down for my next project,

I play at a CQB site, and I have been playing sniper for a few months. I used to play many years ago, but due to a back problem I was not able to continue playing. So have returned to Airsoft recently as a sniper to reduce the amount of running around I need to do.

So I am looking to produce a stealth build, but with the exception to the norm being I need to keep within 350 fps.

I am looking to improve consistency across the road.

So my first mods don't really cost anything, which is to add some foam to the inside of the body to absorb vibration.

Secondly, I have purchased a 6.03 Brass Barrel which I am going to fit with barrel spacers. Has anyone tried foam in between the barrel spacers to absorb some more vibration?

Then I will look to do a flat-hop conversion, so a soft rubber and a new arm with nub to improve range.

I am looking to reduce any air pressure differences from shot to shot,
so will also look to add the dental floss/PTFE to the hop-up rubber as well as PTFE to the cylinder head.

Mods for later will include a 90 degree trigger and piston, Would it be worth adding a sorbothane pad to the piston to further reduce noise?

So I welcome all comments with regard to the plans. I don't really want to add a new spring, as this is will affect my existing FPS (which is 320 fps with .25 BB's).

So keeping the FPS below 350 is the goal whilst improving accuracy and consistency as much as I can.

What would you recommend in addition to the above changes please?

Cheers

Dave :tup:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome to ASF, this would have been good the the new members introduction thread but I am not sure. Sounds good so far. I have foam between my spacers and I do not know if it matters really. Just how you think it does.

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
Not all nozzles are created equal. Some are bigger then others. This can lead to problems during cycling. I have one that is quite difficult to return to battery due to the OD being quite large. (AA chamber with Nineball bucking. Don't remember the brand of CH.)

However, Grant was not that specific with which diameter he is referring to. I have some theories about what a smaller ID would do. They are theories, so take them as is.

With a smaller ID, you should be able to utilize the compression zone to a better extent. In other words, you should be able to achieve higher velocities (to a point) while having reduced noise and a lighter spring pull. I have not tested this. I lack the ability to make cylinder heads... Unless...

Reactions: csakip

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
Not going to lie, partly. I am thinking of a way to make a cylinder head that I can install different nozzle sleeves into without them damaging something, so I do not have to make a million different heads.

Plus more excuses to come and hang out, do crazy things, try to beat Jen at Mario Kart. (That kinda scares me as I may die the next morning...)

·
Registered
926 Posts
303 stainless round rod isn't expensive and I have tons of 6061. Probably delrin or brass for the nozzle sleeves.

Choose a platform and lets see what we can do. I think I have enough MB01 parts about that we could use that as I'm not too keen on messing with one of my field toys.

I know my work on HPA nozzles has yielded a completely different level of tuning so I am equally interested on how it will effect performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go for a maple leaf bucking of about 60 degree so you can lift heavy BBs. Also consider the AA chamber since total airseal reduces overall noise.
Reduce piston weight and add sorbo to the cylinder head. Consider reducing the nozzle diameter as well.

Grant
Thanks Grant and everyone for the replies.

I am not looking at going too heavy with the BB's, so may goto 0.28's further down the line.

So I'm not too worried about heavier weight BB's. The flat hop and hop up chamber would be there to improve BB contact and to add consistency of my shots.

The challenge of staying as quiet as posible and staying below 350 fps.

Welcome all comments. Cheer guys :) :tup:

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
I would like to hear it. However in it's own thread, I think this has been derailed enough as it is.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Regardless of BB weight stick with the Maple Leaf 60 bucking in the new Decepticon version since it seems to be getting great airseal and that is essential for stealth.
Reduce piston weight as much as possible. Consider finding a piston with an airbrake (stock bar 10 would meet both of these parameters, not sure about Well). Add sorbo to the cylinder head.

Grant

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
People do not need to make a new air nozzle to test this. Just fill up your current one with 2-Part-Epoxy glue and then drill it out with a really small drill bit. Test it and then drill it out with a bigger one and then test it once again. Keep drilling it out until you have drilled out all of the epoxy glue.
Easy as pie.

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
I do have ulterior motives for wanting to make a new nozzle. While yes the epoxy will completely work, I am after something different, while still being similar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Regardless of BB weight stick with the Maple Leaf 60 bucking in the new Decepticon version since it seems to be getting great airseal and that is essential for stealth.
Reduce piston weight as much as possible. Consider finding a piston with an airbrake (stock bar 10 would meet both of these parameters, not sure about Well). Add sorbo to the cylinder head.

Grant
Thanks Grant. Bucking ordered and will go onto the new TBB :)

EDIT: Will look into the Sorbo on the cylinder head and lightweight piston.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.