Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
This is my very first post. I just made an account on this forum after I finally decided to interact more with this forum as compared to being just an observer.

I started airsoft about a year ago, courtesy of my friend Alec. I have three guns right now in working condition. A semi ungraded l96, semi upgraded g and g cm16 srxl.

Now to the meat of the thread. I just ordered a vsr 10 pro sniper. I'm planning on using it in stock form for some time (being a college student funds are always hard to acquire). Now I know there are various mods I can do myself to get this legendary rifle to shoot more accurately and consistently. However I'm planning to get pdi parts for this gun in the future, maybe from x-fire. My question is how do you know which brands are compatible with which parts. For example is a laylax cylinder head compatible with a pdi palsonite cylinder. I'm still relatively new to the sniping aspect of airsoft

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I am no expert with PDI so I cannot remember what parts are compatible but I do know that if you purchase PDI, you will need to be careful as to what parts you purchase if you are going to mix and match.
Your best bet, would be to make a list on here and then ask people what they think. Also, you may want to tell people what fps you are looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm I wanna get the rifle to shoot between 450-500 fps. Well I was on x fire and I did see a complete gun i.e. Pmx-00series that offers a fully upgraded vsr10 without a stock. However it was just too expensive and I have no real experience with ordering airsoft stuff internationally. I am interested in getting
1) pdi palsonite cylinder
2)pdi spring for fps around 500
3) king arms piston
4) laylax dampener cylinder head
5) laylax spring guide (9mm)
6) zero trigger (maybe action army since I can't seem to find the pdi v trigger anywhere except x fire)

What do you guys think? My aim is to get consistent fps . I will get an action army hop up chamber and a r hop later in the future. Till I then I plan to stick with the stock hop up.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
My AA parts (including the hop-up unit) performed flawlessly all day on their first use (only use so far). :tup:
I think people that are having issues are people new to sniping. They are either having trouble installing the hopup or bucking. It is pretty easy though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The issues with the hop up is mostly due to the bb stoppers, the chamber is still as good as it was when it first came out. I also recommend AA parts. Everything is on point and for a very good price.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The BB stoppers do require a level of fine-tuning, something that has to take into account the strength of a given magazine spring. Which is probably why AA made them adjustable in the first place. :yup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Can it be tuned without re-installing to check each adjustment?
I guess you could offer the mag up to it out of the gun, same as sticking the nozzle in. The problem I had with mine was the BBs flooding through into the cavity that opens when the cylinder is pulled back. They obviously got smushed and jammed when I closed the bolt. I was lucky with mine, one adjustment cured it (I screwed the stoppers in approx 50%).

·
Registered
190 Posts
About 50% worked for me too. I tightened it all the way first. Then I took the barrel group (no outer barrel) and tried to get the nozzle (just the cylinder and receiver) into the hopup chamber. Then gradual loosening of the bb stoppers, counting the turns of the screws so they're both the same, until it feels "right". I do the hopup the same way, tightening it all the way then counting turns. Both the bb stoppers and the hopup screw have undefined 'loose' ends but they can both be tightened to a definite maximum.

If you go with the PDI Palsonite/HD cylinder, it includes the piston and cylinder head and there's no pressing reason to upgrade those parts further. I have PDI stuff with an AA hopup chamber.

Beware of "zero triggers" that are not 90 degree triggers... PDI and AA are, but there are cheaper trigger assemblies that are no better than stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.