Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, its been awhile. I went to an assault roll but starting having withdrawal, so I sold everything and picked up a VSR. I was wondering if there was a way i could mod my VSR into a m40a1 or anyway i can make it into a M40a1 like a body kit or something. So can you just let me know please it would be greatly appreciated.
Also I qualified as Expert on my JROTC shooting team :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
If it's the Fortress stock your after, then they are very hard to find as they aren't made anymore. When they were sold, they went for around $370. They were also notorious for cracking near the drip, but can usually be fixed up pretty well.

Your best bet would be making your own most likely, or finding a used one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
wesley810 said:
If it's the Fortress stock your after, then they are very hard to find as they aren't made anymore. When they were sold, they went for around $370. They were also notorious for cracking near the drip, but can usually be fixed up pretty well.

Your best bet would be making your own most likely, or finding a used one.
Wesley, I believe you are thinking of a M40A3 stock.

As far as I am aware no company makes a VSR compatable M40A1 stock. However, I am sure that you could mold the normal stock into the shape of an M40A1 with just a little time and a heat gun.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Twinkles (flea) said:
Wonder is it possible to get a polymer mold kit, or something like that.
You could probably make one from fiberglass or something of that sorts, but it would take lots of space and time, as well as a form.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
You can use the original stock, but it is going to take some work.

You can get a heat gun and mold to stock how you want, and then use bondo and other materials and build it up to the right shape. Sand it down and finish to your liking.

It is going to take some time, so if you have a spare stock it is always better. That way you can still use your rifle while working on your stock.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You could try and buy a broken jg bar-10 and use it for the stock. That way, you wouldn't have to potentially ruin your TM stock
I know for a fact there is 4 jg bar-10's on EBAY right now; 2 cheap, 1 stock price, and mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.