Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VSR10 has developed two particular issues.

First, it is consistently been chronographing low for a M150 spring with in a few shots of a new bucking installation my velocity drops from 498 to 420 fps with .20 gram. BBs (all replicas MUST chrono with .20 at the fields I play at, then I switch to .30 on the field. This, I am sure is a blow by issue at the bucking. Towards this end I have acquired and installed NOOBIE'S anti blow by rings on a brand new 9ball purple bucking. I have not had a chance to re chronograph the replica so with finger crossed this fixes the air leak.

My second issue is more insidious. The replica is consistently firing to the upper right hand of my sights, far enough out that I can not adjust the scope to counter it. I am thinking it is a issue with the hop up chamber or mechanism but looking this over I do not see anything out of whack. The BB flies fairly straight out to about 150feet then instead of a "float" that a normal hop gives a BB it curves upper right. Once in a while I'll get a screwy BB that does its own thing but I have to be missing something as it is to consistent not to be something I can adjust out. I am thinking that the hop up arm is coming down with inconsistent pressure on the bucking Opinions? This developed maybe 500 Bbs ago, it does not matter what BBs are fed through it. I have tried excel, KSC, madbull SGM and Tm in weights between .20, .23, .25 .29 and .30. The bucking is correctly installed, the nubbin is centered appropriately and I am at a loss right now.

My build as it stands is this:

Tokyo Marui VSR 10 Pro
UTG 4x40 Full Size Range Estimating Mil-Dot Red/Green Scope
Laylax Reinforced Piston Sear
Laylax VSR-10 Spring Guide Stopper
Laylax VSR-10 Real Mount Base
Laylax VSR-10 Teflon Cylinder
Laylax PSS10 Trigger Sear for VSR-10 Series
Laylax VSR-10 Spring Guide w/bearing
Laylax VSR-10 High Pressure Piston s/silent shaft (NEO)
Laylax VSR-10 Cylinder Head Damper Kit
Laylax VSR-10 Cylinder Head
Laylax VSR-10 Barrel Spacers X2
Laylax VSR-10 150SP Spring
FORTRESS M40A3 Stock for VSR-10
Firefly VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking
DBC 6.01mm Precision Barrel for VSR-10/BAR-10 by DB Custom
Nine Ball VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking this one is installed same issues with the firefly bucking as well.
Noobie's anti blow by rings

·
Registered
346 Posts
First off, nice setup you've got there.

My guess is simply that your hop up unit isn't applying pressure correctly. The bb winging out after 150 feet is actually fairly common, as this is when hop up starts to come into play more. Even when my hop up isn't adjusted correctly I get shots accurate to 150 feet with ease.

You should either shim the arms, or compensate for this by tilting the inner barrel/bucking slightly inside the hop up chamber when you assemble it. It's hard to get either of these spot-on, but with some fiddling you can most likely get it shooting straight again. As it's likely this is a problem with the hop-up chamber (if you've installed and aligned properly), another option is purchasing an aftermarket TM chamber...these are very high quality (better than those that come with the TM guns) and buying one would probably fix your problem. Not to mention it would help consistency overall.

Other possible problems are: something obstructing your nozzle, or something consistently altering the airflow (this is probably not the problem, but it's possible, especially given that you've been having airseal problems) or an obstruction in your barrel. If there's an imperfection (especially towards the end of the barrel), this can result in similar symptoms to a faulty hop up chamber.

Another solution, while not "permanent", is to cant your rifle slightly (10-15

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.