Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a tm vsr10 g-spec, and upgrade the inner barrel with a maple leaf crazy jet barrel. Should I get the 300mm that is the stock length of the g-spec or should I go for the 430mm? If the barrel is 430mm, should I drill the silencer in order to fit it? And will the suppression of the suppressor be lost or will it still retain suppression?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is my full upgrade btw.
Maple Leaf zero trigger group
Maple Leaf 90 degree piston (could be action army)
Maple Leaf spring guide (could be action army)
Maple Leaf m145 spring (550fps)
Maple Leaf Hopup arm
Maple Leaf Hopup chamber (could be action army)
Maple Leaf autobot 60 degrees hopup rubber
Maple Leaf crazy jet barrel
Maple Leaf barrel spacers
Maple Leaf concave nub
Action Army Teflon cylinder
Maple Leaf cylinder head

I know, a lot of maple leaf, right? They're massively available in my area, and a little more budget friendly than the action army ones.
Also, I'm willing to swap out the piston, spring guide, and the hopup chamber to action army ones if you recommend it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
When I was shopping for my MLC338, I did a price comparison of building it in pieces or buying the rifle in out right. What I found was, in parts, I would have paid nearly 40% more than to buy the platform in whole.

Given your list, why not just get a MLC338 and swap out what you don’t like? It would way more cost effective than you getting a VSR10 g-spec and then replacing nearly everything in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was shopping for my MLC338, I did a price comparison of building it in pieces or buying the rifle in out right. What I found was, in parts, I would have paid nearly 40% more than to buy the platform in whole.

Given your list, why not just get a MLC338 and swap out what you don’t like? It would way more cost effective than you getting a VSR10 g-spec and then replacing nearly everything in it.
First, I actually opted for the jg bar10 but it wasn't available in the country and overall with shipping and taxes included from another country, it would cost me around the same price as the gspec. Same thing with that mlc338, it ain't available in my country.
Second, I'm not gonna upgrade it all at once. I was only planning to get the trigger group, piston, spring, and the spring guide, then I'm gonna follow the other upgrades later after half a year, or maybe a year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my full upgrade btw.
Maple Leaf zero trigger group
Maple Leaf 90 degree piston (could be action army)
Maple Leaf spring guide (could be action army)
Maple Leaf m145 spring (550fps)
Maple Leaf Hopup arm
Maple Leaf Hopup chamber (could be action army)
Maple Leaf autobot 60 degrees hopup rubber
Maple Leaf crazy jet barrel
Maple Leaf barrel spacers
Maple Leaf concave nub
Action Army Teflon cylinder
Maple Leaf cylinder head

I know, a lot of maple leaf, right? They're massively available in my area, and a little more budget friendly than the action army ones.
Also, I'm willing to swap out the piston, spring guide, and the hopup chamber to action army ones if you recommend it.

So you're saying if i buy a new tm vsr sniper riffle and i have my old mlc 338 sniper rifle i can upgrade my tm vsr with my old maple leaf 338 parts?

·
Registered
404 Posts
@striker airsoft

Why would you strip a working MLC 338 to put the guts into a TM VSR?

·
Registered
30 Posts
May I ask why you buy a gspec and swap all parts instead of using a cheaper platform like mb02 and save some money? Or use a better base like an a10 and keep most parts?
To me it seems, that you are following a common, but imo misleading path of "all standard parts are crap". So maybe it's a good idea to tell us, what your goal is (beside having the best tuned gun on the field ;) )
Regarding barrel length: 400 is closer to the sweetspot of cylinder barrel ratio and thus more efficient, 300 is a little louder but can be compensated with heavier bb and a 135mm silencer (my personal preference)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts