Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I’ve got a Maple Leaf MLC338 with stock everything besides an AA chamber and Masada’s hop arm. I just purchased a Maple Leaf M165 spring to upgrade from the M145 that comes stock. When the 165 is installed, I’m able to shoot about three rounds before my trigger sear stops engaging the piston for some weird reason that I CANNOT figure out. When I pull the bolt out, I can see that the trigger sear is stuck in the “engaged” position and I have to press down on it to get it to pop back up. Does anyone have experience with this or have any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ah okay well in that case the first thing I would do is swap the springs back to see if the new spring IS the problem or created a NEW problem. If the old spring still has a result of the same problem, maybe take the trigger apart and investigate there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah okay well in that case the first thing I would do is swap the springs back to see if the new spring IS the problem or created a NEW problem. If the old spring still has a result of the same problem, maybe take the trigger apart and investigate there.
[/QUOTEit
It does have the 90 degree sear and the old spring does work. I run around 500 FPS with it which is fine but the 165 will get me closer to my fields limit and who doesn’t wanna be right at the FPS limit? Lol I’m definitely stumped with this one…

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There are 2 types of sears/pistons for almost all spring airsoft sniper rifles. 45° and 90°. 45 is trash and will wear out fast. 90° is stronger and lasts almost an eternity. I’m hoping someone else posts the comparison pictures because I don’t feel like finding them lol

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,476 Posts
the comparison pictures
Font Gas Rectangle Audio equipment Machine

45 degree left. 90 degree right.
By shimming the trigger box from the receiver, I meant you should try placing 0.2mm washers between the trigger and the receiver (mount them on the trigger box screws).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts