Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a full Laylax VSR10 here and as the title says, It wont hold the piston back. Started off that you had to pull the bolt back a few times before it actually held it back and when I disassembled it, I checked the 2nd sear of the trigger unit and its A LITTLE worn down.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsuqc6t60x0tx06/2015-10-25 14.27.38.jpg?dl=0
So yeah, I dont know if a normal thing for the Laylax Zero triggers to wear down like that.

Does anyone know of a mod I can do or something to make it sit a bit higher so it have more material to hold the piston back or in worst case, a place where I can purchase a 2nd sear for it to just switch that out? I Prefer not to replace the entire trigger mech just for that one part and spend $150+ ...

Specs:
Full Laxlax except for the stock hopup
520 FPS with 0,2g

-Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a full Laylax VSR10 here and as the title says, It wont hold the piston back. Started off that you had to pull the bolt back a few times before it actually held it back and when I disassembled it, I checked the 2nd sear of the trigger unit and its A LITTLE worn down.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsuqc6t60x0tx06/2015-10-25%2014.27.38.jpg?dl=0
So yeah, I dont know if a normal thing for the Laylax Zero triggers to wear down like that.

Does anyone know of a mod I can do or something to make it sit a bit higher so it have more material to hold the piston back or in worst case, a place where I can purchase a 2nd sear for it to just switch that out? I Prefer not to replace the entire trigger mech just for that one part and spend $150+ ...

Specs:
Full Laxlax except for the stock hopup
520 FPS with 0,2g

-Thanks in advance!
In my opinion, and I could be wrong here, but it doesn't look the the sear is the issue. I've spent the last week or two taking apart and reassembling my zero trigger a half a dozen times, and it looks in identical condition to yours. It doesn't look worn down enough.

My guess would be the piston sear return spring. Have you taken a look at the two small springs in the mechanism itself (one on the back screwed into the trigger and the internal one connected to that piston sear pictured)? I had this happen and it caused exactly what you are describing. Semi-easy fix if that's your problem.

·
Registered
447 Posts
definately not worn down enough. here are a few things to check

1. Manualy operate the sear with your finger. Make sure it pops up quickly and ends up vertical. Your checking the sear springs here. Its even posable that the is just gummed up. spray the trigger unit with silicon and see if that helps.

2. Make sure your spring guide hasnt spun out. This will prevent the piston from going all the way back and locking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Eh, Didnt go so well :/ I tested it out as you see in the video, everything seems to function fine.
The spring guide is fine aswell, Ive tried to push the piston back manually and nothing is hindering it in going back.
Anyone know if I missed anything or what it could be?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh. Apparently I had screwed the screw behind the trigger guard a bit too tight so that it didnt let the trigger fully reset (its pretty sensitive..)

Sooo Now its fixed! Wuhu!
Awesome! Glad to hear that. I had a similar moment last week being afraid I would have to shell out $150 for a replacement. Those things are pretty resilient and thankfully most of the things that can go wrong are easy fixes.

If you have any further issues, obviously let us know or feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just read through this thread. I'm having the same issue with my Zero trigger in my TM Gspec. I'm banging my head against the wall as I can't work out why it;s doing this. I can't work out what screw you say you've over tightened? DO you mean the one that holds the trigger guard in place?

·
Registered
774 Posts
It more than likely can be that. I've disassembled my entire cylinder housing unit and cleaned it. Ensures the screws were not insanely Torqed, and greased the parts that havenlotsnof movement.

Razinger | The one, The only..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just read through this thread. I'm having the same issue with my Zero trigger in my TM Gspec. I'm banging my head against the wall as I can't work out why it;s doing this. I can't work out what screw you say you've over tightened? DO you mean the one that holds the trigger guard in place?
No, what I believe he means is on the actual trigger mechanism itself there is a screw sticking out the back of it with a small spring attached. The trigger guard shouldn't have anything to do with it, I would take it off and look solely at the zero trigger unit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uh.. Soooo Apparently what I did only worked for like 30 shots or so before it stopped with the exact same problem.. The sear looks to be just as before with no additional wear or anything.. anyone know what the problem might be? :/

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Try testing every component individually and installed separately. If something doesn't align properly then that'll be the cause of it not locking back.

The piston sear is obviously not catching the piston, that could be due to several reasons, so I'd just install it, make sure the piston sear can move freely and then install the rest of the assembly one part at a time and check which one is causing trouble :tup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Perhaps, your receiver is a few mm too thick. I had the same problem with another rifle with the same problem as you. I measured it out too. So your solutions: shave down some metal on the bottom of the receiver - the part where the trigger unit connects, or buy a new receiver. I don't know what else to tell you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This will probably sound stupid, but check all of your screws holding the trigger body to the receiver. I had a similar issue where the front screw had worked itself free, and the sear would refuse to catch on the piston. It took me far too long (and spent far too much money) before I realised what had happened. Without the screw holding it in place, there was a small gap of about 1mm between the trigger body and receiver which was enough to stop it from catching. All it takes is 1mm of leeway.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had a similar issue and have no idea how this caused the issue, but my spring had actually lapped over top of the spring guide. Not sure why, but this caused the sear to not catch. I completely disassembled the trigger assembly looking for the culprit, then noticed the main spring. Hasn't had an issue since. Long shot, but something to check.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, I've just tried out checking all the screws, checking the spring/spring guide/Piston/cylinder and there's nothing wrong, its still messed up. I dunno, maybe the 'receiver' is too thick? I'm currently concidering grinding off a few milimeters off the brass pieces that you screw the trigger unit onto to try to lessen the gap between the sear and the cylinder itself.
Anything I should take into concideration before taking the dremel to it?

Also wanna say thanks for all the replies etc :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.