Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi RS4
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My KA VSS AEG is having feeding issues. The upgrades that are probably relevant to this are: 22TPA ZCI motor, 13:1 high speed gears, 11.1 lipo wired to deans, very basic mosfet, sp120 spring. Here are the problems:
  1. Whether I am in semi or full auto it seems to fail to feed the first shot.
  2. Sometimes in semi it will cycle twice
  3. If I look down the feeding tube I can see the bucking the tiniest bit, is that normal?
Suggestions? So far, I have ordered a 7.4 deans lipo because that could have to do with my overspinning problem, but do you think my feeding problem is separate?

I was also thinking about ordering: AB mosfet (GATE pico because it's small), upgraded v3 tappet plate, and sector delay chip and essentially throwing parts at it lol. Do I need all of these? I can try to take a video tomorrow when it's light and post it as well. I have read before that King Arms has crappy tappet plates that are a tiny bit too short to be as effective as they should be.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'd put a sector delay chip in there. I used to have similar issues, I would check that the cutoff lever isn't impeded by anything. If you're able to, just save up a little more and buy an optical MOSFET like a Perun, and you should hopefully get rid of the firing issues. Feeding issues? Not so sure. Although a sector delay chip should help

·
Registered
2007 Audi RS4
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd put a sector delay chip in there. I used to have similar issues, I would check that the cutoff lever isn't impeded by anything. If you're able to, just save up a little more and buy an optical MOSFET like a Perun, and you should hopefully get rid of the firing issues. Feeding issues? Not so sure. Although a sector delay chip should help
Yea my brother suggested an optical mosfet as well but I'm pretty sure perun is out of stock. Plus, tbh, if I had to spend big money on this gun again I'd rather just HPA it and be done lol

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
An optical mosfet will not do shit for your feeding, may fix the double shots, but feeding no. The delay chip should help with that. I would look to see if your tappet plate is in good shape. I would also shorten the tappet spring to increase the return pressure. Look at the nozzle to make sure that it is cycling properly. I have a hunch you are using midcaps right? If so then it sounds like midcap syndrome. Check the cutoff, I doubt that is the problem, but a worn one can make double feeding occur.

·
Registered
2007 Audi RS4
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An optical mosfet will not do shit for your feeding, may fix the double shots, but feeding no. The delay chip should help with that. I would look to see if your tappet plate is in good shape. I would also shorten the tappet spring to increase the return pressure. Look at the nozzle to make sure that it is cycling properly. I have a hunch you are using midcaps right? If so then it sounds like midcap syndrome. Check the cutoff, I doubt that is the problem, but a worn one can make double feeding occur.
I have the same problem with midcaps and the hicap that came w/ the gun unfortunately. But I'm definitely thinking about ordering a better tappet plate since that + sector delay chip are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2007 Audi RS4
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it doesn't seem to have the same amount of problems with a 7.4 as it did with the 11.1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts