Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are running a contest for a Bolt Action Build Off in spirit of our bend towards the sniper/recon role...

Think outside the box for this one. Just an upgraded painted L96 or Bar-10 will not win the contest. We are looking for unique rifles that will show real skills and what can be done with just a base rifle and imagination. You have a little over 7 months if you start today so get crackin'.

Rules are:
-Contest open to anyone.
-Spring or Gas Bolt Actions allowed
-All pictures must have a card with the date on it of the picture to verify.
-Internals can be upgraded to start but no external modifications can be made before starting... but please list the internals so we know what they are.
-All work must be done by you and only you (production parts are okay but must be installed by you)
-Contest will run from now until July 31st, 2011
-Anything goes but original and unique work will garner more points
-Prize still to be determined (thinking along the lines of a gift card or credit to your favorite store for $100)
-Start your own thread here and document your work from beginning to end just a picture of the final gun will not fly
-Yes the gun must be functioning ...

Judging:
-A panel of qualified and respected snipers/players from around the area that are not in the contest will review the threads and judge the work
-Originality and uniqueness will be the main qualifier
-I'm entering so I will not be a judge ;)

So good luck and happy hunting....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gorem said:
I will definately enter this competition.
I have seen some really sweet custom stock work on this forum and hope to see some real inspirational stuff that is outside of the box from this.

Good luck on entering and really go to town you have 7+ months to build a unique and one off rifle.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
This sounds awesome. Too bad I am nearly finished my rifle, and do not want to sell it. I have no funds for this project. :'(

Will definitely follow this though, as I am excited to see what you fellows come up with.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
woogie said:
That does sound interesting...

Now do the rifles have to be ones that we currently own? Or can they be ones that we have previously owned?

I may have to get a chepo rifle and make her pimp.
It needs to be one built within the contest time frame so previous projects don't count. I'm gonna use an old Bar-10 I have laying around when I find all the parts.

If any of you want to judge please feel free to chime in....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fuzzywolly said:
I would be interested in judging, since I do not plan on working on a whole new rifle.

Are there any requirements to judge?
Basically your view of what is the most creative and unique rifle and building process since it all needs to be documented as you go...

woogie said:
If I don't get a rifle built I will offer to be a judge.

But if I do get my lathe.... I am going to win ;)
I just talked to the supplier that Lathe you are wanting is back ordered until August...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.