Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Hi
I'm tall 180cm, my gun shoot at 330FPS (0.20BBs) and with 0.30 bioval my range is 180ft straight and 230ft max distance.
I can achive the same distance with madbull 0.40.
I'm using the right bbs?
Wow, your numbers are almost exactly mine! I'll post up your numbers in a minute to show.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
4ce, I put up multiple weights for you to see. the .43g is the best, it doesn't drop off so suddenly at the end, more gradual curve, but ultimately they are more expensive. I would go with the .36 if you are worried about prices.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you dude :)
The problem is that the only 0.36 as i know are only madbull green and i hate to cant see BBs..and noone of this weight BB are good as my Bioval :shrug:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
So what's the theoretical numbers of mine with .66? 3.51 j 6'0"
.66 @ 339fps:

0 degrees max flat trajectory distance = 280 feet
0 degrees max distance = 465 feet
0 degree angle max height 11 feet at 390 feet

Best setup (this is almost perfectly straight)
1 degree angle max flat trajectory 415 feet
1 degree angle max distance 441 feet
1 degree angle max height 6.3 feet at 370 feet

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Yeah, the range is seriously sick with legal sniper Joules and .66g BBs, I might check into some BB manufacturers over in china and see if they can't make them for cheaper lol. I just need to find a bio material that can weigh that much or somewhere near it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
...really. .66 bio's. They are already struggling to get .30 truely bio. sorry to burst your bubble.

The only way that you could pass .66 ceramics is to say they are biofriendly like all the high-weight bio's actually are.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is really getting on my nerves that fields and ops wont allow a BASR user to shoot with non bio BBs. Even the lightweight bio BBs take months at the shortest to break down considerably. What will it hurt to have a few hundred non bios spread across the whole field when there are millions of bios just piling up from the AEGs?

I understand banning metal and glass BBs, but this is ridiculous.

By the way, I read about those BBBastard .66s and they are claiming that they are hard enough to be safely re-usable. Good luck picking them off of the field!
Also if they are that hard, I doubt any field would allow them if they knew the material was like that. ". . . third hardest material after diamond and boron nitride . . ." :nuts:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Hi Geograd

I just posted a link to this thread on another thread. "FPS Debate-Time to settle it"
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/7989-fps-debate-time-settle.html
The thread is stickied at the top of the General Discussion Section because someone who has a false belief that the low FPS guns get just the same distance has put it up there.
Hey 1tonne, it's not exactly FPS that matters, it's actually the Joules (which is a mixture of weight, mass and speed). Which means that a 500FPS .20 will travel further than a 350FPS .20 but it'll have such high overhop at the end that its Effective Range will actually be less than the 350FPS .20 BB. A 500 FPS .20 will not travel as far as a 300 FPS .43.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I also follow the same line of thought as Geo: the more joules I fire with the better.

THIS is also why I run a shorter barrel, at only 400mm, as shorter barrels allow for "energy creep"

Energy creep is a term that describes why I have a higher muzzle power (joules) with higher weight BBs than lower weight BBs.

What does this mean? Well, when I chrono with .2gram BBs, I'm field legal at 498fps which is 2.26 joules of energy.

BUT when I chrono with .4gram BBs, my muzzle energy is a massive 2.66 joules. That's an extra .4 joules of energy from the same rifle. This rifle is still field legal according to field rules, but has a much higher energy rating now. If I convert 2.66 joules back to .2gram, that's roughly 550fps!

So why is this? I'm not 100% sure, but I believe because the .2gram BBs accelerate so quickly, they leave the barrel before all of the air from the cylinder "gets behind it". Because the heavier BB is more massive, it takes longer to accelerate from 0 and therefore has longer time for greater air pressure build up behind it.

This is just one "trick" that allows me to out-range other players on the field- energy creep gives me that extra little bit of oomph.

EDIT: so whilst I'm here Geo:

6 foot 3, 498fps,
2.26 joules on .2s
2.66 joules on .4s.

·
Registered
838 Posts
sorry for off topic but with you say, overvolume is shoot better than match volume ????????????

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
sorry for off topic but with you say, overvolume is shoot better than match volume ????????????
You should always shoot with more volume than you need. Never match your volume to your barrel because you could be undervoluming without knowing it. There is literally no downside from overvoluming unless you are running a P*/DG/Classic Airsoft or other HPA tank run gun because then you are using more gas per shot.

Also, Kermit and Scheck, your numbers are up.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts