Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an issue with the maple leaf 60 degree autobot bucking. It takes AT LEAST 15 bbs to get the bucking warmed up, sometimes more. It shoots will little hop up on the first shot, then gradually rises to normal. Is there a way to fix this to where it shoots the way it is supposed to on the first shot?

· Super Moderator
4,221 Posts
If its the transparent ones, they are slightly effected by temperature as they are not 100% silicone. If you are playing in temps below 40, change to a 50. It will perform better.

If its above that, then something else is wrong. You using the ML Omega nub? If you are change that shit out.

· Registered
4 Posts
There are a few things you can do to try and fix this issue. The first thing to try is to make sure the bucking is properly lubricated with silicone oil. You can also try adjusting the tension of the bucking to make sure it is not too tight or too loose. If neither of those fixes the issue, then you may want to try replacing the bucking with a different type of bucking that is designed for the type of BBs you are using.

· Super Moderator
4,221 Posts
There are a few things you can do to try and fix this issue. The first thing to try is to make sure the bucking is properly lubricated with silicone oil. You can also try adjusting the tension of the bucking to make sure it is not too tight or too loose. If neither of those fixes the issue, then you may want to try replacing the bucking with a different type of bucking that is designed for the type of BBs you are using.
Literally some of the worst advice I have read. The only time any kind of lube to even touch a bucking is on the outside of it to aid in assembly and disassembly. Past that never put lube in your bucking, it will ruin your ability to hop bbs and ruins accuracy.

Never use silicone based lube with silicone buckings or orings as the oil leaches out silicone from the bucking and orings and fucks them up.

The rest of it makes little to no sense. As the issue is not related to either of those mentioned.

As for a nub, I prefer the masada nubs myself, but the SS nub will do just fine.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
God dang, that snuck right past me, good catch.

Masada nubs are maybe a little less good than my nub, but his Action Army arm for their red chamber is about as good as my nub if they're both in the AA chamber. My nub can be made for like $5 and you can make like 75 of them for that $5, and they can be applied to most chambers out there.

· Registered
922 Posts
A masada arm will have you golden. Super easy install, and guarantees gold results. You could also grab a tridos tdc for convenience, or make an ss nub. Personally I always have a masada arm on hand as it works super well every time, and rules out nub problems. You can experiment after, but it's a really great baseline if you don't wanna tinker for 6 months.

· Super Moderator
4,221 Posts
I barely wet my finger with TechT or SuperLube and put a thin layer of grease on the outside of the bucking. Those 2 do not have any weird effects on buckings long term.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
I find that TechT will discolor older Maple Leaf buckings, turns parts a brown color. You'll see this on the Buckings that come in Novritsch guns a lot of the time which is kinda interesting, but not many other guns come with a Maple Leaf and grease inside.
Doesn't hurt the things, but it's part of the rubber, it won't wash off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts