Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Its likely the dyes reacting or something in the grease is oxidizing the dyes. Likely the dye that is in the grease oxidizing and leaching into the bucking. I dont use TechT all that much anymore as I have an abundance of SuperLube.

· Registered
16 Posts
Literally some of the worst advice I have read. The only time any kind of lube to even touch a bucking is on the outside of it to aid in assembly and disassembly. Past that never put lube in your bucking, it will ruin your ability to hop bbs and ruins accuracy.

Never use silicone based lube with silicone buckings or orings as the oil leaches out silicone from the bucking and orings and fucks them up.

The rest of it makes little to no sense. As the issue is not related to either of those mentioned.

As for a nub, I prefer the masada nubs myself, but the SS nub will do just fine.
This lines up very well with my intuition and observations.

Since you seem to have some actual knowledge, doesn't green gas mess things up as well then? There's so many places where silicone oil should not be going. But it's pretty inevitable if you use green gas, right?

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
The lube in green gas is silicone based but not 100%. But it does lube stuff that really shouldn't be. Which is why a lot of people tend to use propane with out adding lube. I generally use a grease and propane. But lately I've been lazy and just use green gas.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts