Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of work to it lately and here is where it's at.

New inner barrel finally cam so I installed the hop-up conversion, firefly bucking, and Laylax 6.03 625mm barrel. She shoots like a dream now. I gave water transfer painting a try and this is what I cam up with:

Didn't do the scope, but it still matches pretty well.

The other side is a bit gritty looking so I plan on redoing it with my new knowledge, so as to get a more even effect throughout.

Tanaka m24 SWS w/ PCS bolt

Inside:
* Creation Aluminum Chamber (Part #91)
* G&G Steel Cocking Piece
* G&G Striker Spring
* Complete Palmer's co2 quick change air rig
* Laylax 6.03 mm 625mm
* King Arms/2Roy VSR Hop up Conversion
* Firefly hop-up hard bucking for VSR

Outside:
* Dboys Harris Style Bipod
* CenterPoint 4-16x40 Illuminated red/green mildot w/ Objective from 5 yards to Infinity
* Custom rear mono-pod (fully adjustable)

Coming in a week:
* CASV Top half to replicate the Mars rail system
* I will also finish the new paint job
* King Arms light weight mock suppressor which I will be chambering and foam filling

On to the pictures:

New Pictures:

The lighting and graininess don't do it justice at all...
The colors on the rifle it self and other accessories match the forward wrap much better in person. I may try to take some better pics tomorrow.

Let me know what ya think, Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
This coming from a painter/airbrusher and rattle canner - very nice paint job!!!
Envious of your rifle. I'd love to see another company (cough G&G, cough) come out
with adjustable gas sniper rifles again!

definitely a nice paint job. Reminds me of a camo called ASAT

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

Unfortunately for you.. and fortunately for me :) lol, I don't think we will be seeing any more of them.
I have however seen quite a few for sale this year so if you are looking, just troll the different forums and I am sure you'll find one. Won't be cheap.. but it's worth it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
like the new photo's. better representation of the ACE bandage wrap. Still a great idea vs. buying a role of pricey camo gun wrap.

If you can, take some photos of the rifle in the woods at a distance of 10-20 feet. Really interested to see just how effect your camo job is. From the looks of it, very effective. Looks great, would be great to see it (or not see it) at work.

lucky guy with a very nice rifle!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Very interesting to see what people around the world coming up with. I can honestly say this is one of my favorite looking weapons on this forum. The only thing I'd maybe switch out would be to use the gas mags over having a direct line, reasons being of course having that line means it's not as able to move around with you and could be a hinderance in certain situations. Other than that, maybe create some more 550 cord spots on the barrel for vegetation, so you're not relying so much on your good spraypaint job to conceal yourself.

Really nice rifle man.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.