Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd agree. You'd think that uneven application could cause more spin that would lead to inconsistency.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Less friction. I was thinking about it last night and was curious as to if anyone had tried it. I assume it would make things go haywire. My next thought is dimpled bbs. Kind of like a golf ball design. I might get the dremel and magnifying glass out toight... j/k

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dimpled bbs have actually been talked about over on ASF. They were talking about getting them made in production vs. Actually making dimples yourself. I don't know whatever happened to it, I followed it for awhile but it seemed to go no where just like bbs with fins. I'm sure woogie knows which thread I'm taking about.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dimples on a golf ball are placed mathmaticly and I am sure they follow a pattern that would be next to impossible to duplicate by hand. You would have to produce them and i am sure it would take a lot of time to come up with the right pattern. It would be an awesome idea if it ever comes to fruition though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good to know someone has tried the wax though, if you could get applied evenly, since the bb never touches the barrel, it would greatly reduce air friction. You guys that tried it, did you do it to a stock barrel with a larger diameter?

·
Registered
384 Posts
They can have the shape of a 9mm bullet, but the problem is making it fly far>:D

Hop up works best for spherical objects and once you introduce a different shape, you have to introduce a different system for achieving distance.

Although bullet shaped BB's would be cool! Just not ethically safe (i.e. kids in public, etc.)

Oh how the responsible people suffer because of the irresponsible :bs:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why hasen't anyone made a sort of airsoft gun that shoots bbs shaped like real 9mm bullets?
I think he meant the actual BB in flight.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
There have been a few companies that have actually made dimpled bb's, bioval for one did a limited run on them. And they didn't work like people figured they would.

With the hop up we have right now the best shape is a sphere. If you want something else you are going to have to re-design the hop up as well as the barrel to get anything different.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The reason heavier and non-spherical ammo isn't used is because you would need a MUCH more powerful airsoft gun to propel the projectiles far enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.