Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying my first gbbr rifle but i'm fairly new to this and I don't find much on the internet.

To start of I found this site: https://www.anareus.cz/gb/
Does anyone have experience with them? They seem very trustable and have quite some gbbr parts and for fairly cheap!

I was looking to buy a scar l open bolt from WE, I really love the gun and seems to be a quite good gbbr platform from what i've found. The purpose is to evantually convert it to a daytona but i'll run it as a gbbr first for a while and might take a lot longer if the small mags and gas don't bother me too much. Also might convert mags to HPA.
Anyone experince with converting it to HPA?

The things i want to achieve is durability, efficiency and easy tuning of the fps since the weather fluctuates a lot in Belgium. I've enough other guns for when it's too cold, I already posses some good hpa and aeg guns buth love to shoot gbb like my hi capa so i think i would really enjoy it and love every shot i'll make even if it's not the most effective platform for airsoft.
Also some side note i'll moslty running it on semi.

But I need some help on this since some have mixed feelings about upgrade parts for gbbr.
For the gun it will be the WE scar-l which is 276€
The nozzle i'll change to Angrygun Muzzle Power (MPA) Loading Nozzle for WE SCAR GBB Series - 36€ which seems quite reasonable since a stock one is 24€ and is a fairly common part to break. It seems easy to change the valve position for the fps, it's also not steel or alu but a stronger polymer which should also be better.
I am also considering a dynamic precision alu bolt which should be lighter and therefore more efficient and snappier, don't know how this would hold up in longevity - 93€
Barrel, bucking, nub I would go for a 2021 decepticon 70° omega nub and action army 6.01 or maple leaf barrel 6.02 or CJ of 250mm ~50€
For trigger assembly it would be the ra tech cnc steel trigger assembly - 112€ but don't know if this is necessary to replace in the beginning since the stock should hold up for some time and you can mod it to make it work again for some time. So i think i can better save on this and maybe raplace it in the future.

This all should add up to about 535€ without some extra mags, with the trigger substracted i would have enough for some extra mags, withouth the bolt i would have even more to spare.

I'm not afraid to mod some things so any tips are welcome!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Have you considered the WE G36.
In some people's opinion it is the best gun they make.
Here's a review: https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=HZbZkZL3c2E
There is a space between .com and /watch. Remember to remove it when you copy paste the link into the search bar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks interesting especially for the price! But i do really love the looks of the scar and would make the sacrafice to get the looks instead of the better performance unless the scar would be a bad gun but from what i've read it's decent enough for my likings.
But the g36c could be a potentional gun for in the future if i really like playing gbbr.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do not convert to Daytona if you plan to play anything other than CQB. They kick great but shoots absolutely terrible with such low and inconsistent FPS. I own one and apart from showcase to friends and dryfire it's a wall hanger.
Stock trigger set lasts 3-5K rounds semi only, on full lasts longer but I would get the RA tech steel trigger set. Stock nozzle is fine, never broke mine.
Do not get the ML bucking. The nozzle will chamber the bb quite hard and lead to inconsistent hop. Use the Modify x-range, it has extra ribs which allows more consistent chambering.
The angry gun adjustable recoil buffer is great to preserve the bolt carrier.
WE/AW drum works fine, I run an Alyanairsoft HPA kit but that's discontinued.
The G36 has a better buffer system and internally not as cramped. I really like mine. It's like a lighter scar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How's the longevity of the steel triggers?
Just came across your video about it and I can defenitely see the logic behind that guess i'll go for the x-range then, thanks! Which barrel do you recommend since the patch is quite long? Or what which barrel do you recommend in genneral for gbbr I think a steel one would be better since there would be a lot of vibrations going on right? Also is there a nub which would work better or is the omega good enough?
Hmm think i'll still go for that nozzle because of the adjustable valve and still being polymer and it's always nice to have one spare just in case. This will also spare time building a npas.
Can't find the buffer availible in europe is it really needed or is there any other mod to get good longevity out of the bolt? I already know to loctite every little thing possible.
A tapp adapter with some short m4 mid caps (so it wouldn't look as weird) could work great too i think this will solve the gas and low capacity problem too.
How is the seal on the nozzle and gas router? Could this be improved?

·
Registered
320 Posts
The ra tech triggers are very solid, however given the price you could have replace the stock trigger set 3-4 times. I'd still get it though, the trigger pull and reset are more crisp.
I run ZCI stainless barrels. The x-range work with normal window cut fine, I have it on my scar, glock etc.
Adjustable nozzles are inconsistent imo, I tried the ra tech npas nozzle before and they all sucked.
The thing with buffer is, the bolt carrier are two piece and the top piece likes to crack at the back because the lower part shifts when impact against the solid buffer. You could just makeshift a rubber buffer to replace the stock one.
Seal is good, too good even. Once a while I have worn out gas routers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then how could I adjuist the power easy? Want to have between 300-350fps on .2 in conditions between 10-20°C. Also can't I just run red or black gas instead of green gas when it gets colder? Stronger gas should have the same psi on colder weather as the weaker on hotter weather if i'm right, so could use stronger gas without breaking it. How will the CO2 mags compare to this?
When replacing the trigger should i go for the assembly or the trigger set? The price difference is quite big for two small pieces but don't know these are necesary for longevity.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just bough the set (3 pieces, hammer, disconnector and trigger).
To be honest, consistent power on gas is a pain in the rear :shrug:
I'd just have green, red, and black. Chrono in different temps that you play and just remember which for which. Or just go for HPA.
The CO2 mags are expensive I found the round count on 1 co2 capsule not that great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That saves me around 60€ if those two little parts aren't really needed to fix the trigger.
I've done some research about making it HPA but doesn't look that easy a good alternative I've found is a TAPP adapter, in combination with short midcaps i think it will kinda look like a regular size mag and wouldn't look as weird. How much fps does the gun shoot out of the box in different temps? I've read it's shooting hot about 420fps so maybe it's better I'll upgrade to a shorter barrel to reach 300-350fps. Running a tighter bore should also help with colder weather right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So in summary I only really need the trigger set(3piece), bucking(x-range), barrel, nub and mod the buffer with a rubber pad and lots of loctite ;). With this i should get decent performance and good longevity right? For fps i'll just have to play with barrel length and different types of gas till i get a setup which works with each weather condition. Any suggestions of barrel length which will work for 300-350fps between 10-20° with green, red and black gas. Also any idea of the joule output, is there a lot creep if so i don't mind running a little lower fps on .2 will be playing with .32

·
Registered
320 Posts
WE guns do run kinda hot, but stock scar barrel is shortish. I think on 100 psi with stock barrel shoots 350 on 0,2 but gas guns joule creep always. A tight bore of same length with green gas should be around that at 10~20º.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How many rounds can you shoot with a mag and is there big difference in different mags, WE mags are a lot cheaper and seem decent from what i've found. Think I've figured it out how i'm going to do my build thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Both gas and co2 mags can at least finish the rounds in the mag, but not enough for another refill of bbs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Isn't there any way to make it more efficient without sacrificing anything else like durability? But gas shouldn't be a real issue since the small bottles do fit perfect in my 9mm/pistol pouches

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tight bore, light weight bolt carrier (got a friend who runs a 3D print carrier), that's about it. Unfortunately not gas gun has as much market support as hicapa, gbbr even less.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A polymer bolt carrier could be very interesting, will be like a polymer slide on a pistol right? Think the performance in cold weather would be excellent since my tm hi capa runs quite good in cold weather on green gas. How is he experiencing his printed one? Is there maybe any chance i could get my hands on one?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Since the scar bolt carrier is two pieces, he printed the top piece. It does kick less and if you use an aluminium lower piece I guess it would weight something like a KJ hicapa pistol slide lol.
Buy the gun, take the piece out, model it have it printed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could be interesting to make a seperate bolt for in the winter where efficiency is needed or to make it much more snappy for CQB.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts