Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Leapers UTG MK96 and have been working on sighting it in today. Before i go into the issue i want to say i have the UTG upgrade kit installed and im using .36 bb's. Ok so here is the problem.....
I started by sighting in a little high, about an inch and a half, at 10 yards. Managed to get it sighted in almost perfect there, although it is still a tiny bit to the left right now. Then i jumped out to about 25-30 yards and all h*** broke loose. The gun is now shooting wayyyy right and low. In order to compensate for how far it is shooting right i have to aim using the third dot to the right of the crosshairs. So my question is what could be causing this horribly bad inaccuracy?
Any tips or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
effective range would be what 30-40 yards? also should i sight it in to be as close to perfect at this range or should i keep it a little high for targets that are farther away? When i sight in my rifle for hunting we usually keep it 1-2 inches above the bullseye to account for longer distances.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Effective range would be where it is consistant. Find how far out your consistant range is and set it to that. Because after that range, all your shots will be unpredictable. Once you find that range set it perfectly to there. That way when you need to take a shot futher than your effective range you just have to adjust for for the extra range. Remember that you also need to take wind into account.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the late response, work and school made it hard to get some shooting time in. So the update is i can manage to hit a target at 25-30 yards relatively consistently but my grouping is horrible. There is no way to really sight it in if they are hitting high then low then maybe a little left and next shot right. Any ideas or tips on how to help correct this or will i just have to live with it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok when i took apart the gun to see if the bucking is torn i noticed a piece from the hop up arm was broke :( the very tip of the arm had somehow snapped off... and seeing that i havent touched this part of the gun before im guessing this is my issue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.