Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mb01 has started to slam the bolt forward whenever i pull it back. A friend told me to get a new trigger box so I bought a new metal trigger box and it still does it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Either your new trigger box is worn (rare chance), or your piston is worn. There may be other things but it is hard to trouble shoot slam firing.

Reactions: fdkrew

·
Registered
239 Posts
Check that the spring guide stopper is not bent or the dot/hole on the spring guide stopperis not worn those could also cause the issue.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
You're still experiencing this issue?

My guess would also be the piston. Inspect it whether it's not worn out. If it is, there's your problem. If it's not worn, then like Crusader mentioned, you could have the wrong type of piston (the catch on the piston is not compatible with your trigger box, e.g. 45 degree and 90 degree, may not work together.

Compare the new trigger box to the old one, how do the sears look?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would look it up, but I will try to give you my best: The two trigger systems differ in the piston sears, the part of the trigger that grabs the piston and lets it go once you pull the lever.

A 90 deg sear is used on most L96 systems, and is generally the better choice.
This system is exactly what you would expect from a system used to hold back a piston: the sear goes straight up, 90 degrees from (perpendicular to) the cylinder and grabs a lip on the piston that is also perpendicular to the cylinder.

A 45 deg system uses a sear that's designed to be a flat plate at 45 degrees-facing up into the back of the cylinder. The sear grabs a lip on the piston that fits right onto the plate.
This system is more problematic because it introduces more forces to the trigger, piston and cylinder and is more prone to wear than a 90 deg setup. These are used on VSR's and M24's.

Both can work well, but ultimately whichever one you pick will depend on the availability for your gun and/or your machining ability. You MUST make sure, however, that you have compatible piston/trigger mech; they must both be the same system.

If you look at the link you gave us for your current trigger mech, you'll notice it's a 90 deg system because the piston sear is perpendicular to the top of the trigger box (and thus the cylinder) where it will grab the piston. This means the parts available for your gun will mostly be 90 deg parts. It looks like you will be getting a new piston.

Evike.com

I would think that the King Arms one would be fine for you, and it looks like you will need a piston head such as this one but feel free to find your own.
Guarder Precision Piston Head for APS-2 Series, Accessories & Parts, Internal Parts, Piston Heads - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

If it was up to me, I would get an upgraded metal trigger box for any cylinder upgrades you get just to prevent any problems. Then worry about the bolt system. The UTG upgrade kit should work, but you may eventually have to worry about the spring width. Stock rifles usually come with smaller spring guides and holes in the spring coil (5 or 7mm, I forget) and upgraded power springs will be the larger thickness (7 or 9mm), so your spring guide size will matter.

Lastly, it looks like your gun is mostly compatible with L96 internals, so look for that label. I can't guarantee compatibility or every detail I put on here, but I did my best to give you some direction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks and I discover a small piece of metal keeping the piston from moving all the way back so I removed it and the gun works! So in a way it was the piston. Now that i have shot it and realized that the spring had been compressed for a while I think that I will upgrade the spring, spring guide, and probably the piston. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
838 Posts
got a kit from your post is great choice. metal piston, new spring , spring guide

1 - 15 of 15 Posts