Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
90 Posts
Hey pal, you may want to do your intro post first in case the mods get on your case!
Rules and all that.

in regards to your question, is this your first venture into snipers?
My first was a Maruzen Type 96 which the well MB01 is based on.

They’re good guns with a strong upgrade path.
HOWEVER.
They are not light, or short.
They can be rather cumbersome with the long barrel and within the stock they put 2 metal bolts, stuck together.
This can make running and gunning or trying to be nimble a pain.

Having had a Type 96, MB01 and now a VSR Clone, as much as I LOVE my Type 96, I’d much rather play with my AAC T11.

The other point I’d say is Airsoft Pro is “okay”.
When I first started upgrading my Maruzen I got a large number of AP parts.
The trigger unit was good and has lasted very well.
Unfortunately it’s not the one you get with this unit, this is just a metal version of the standard
However, the hop unit was utter trash.
It could never get an air seal, the screws constantly threaded or stripped.
I’d take the Action Army unit every day of the week.
The piston was okay but I’d say it was too light personally.

When done right, the Type 96 series can be absolutely lasers!
But you’d need to do so many more upgrades on top of this to do so.
The money for the upgrades could be put to better use elsewhere with Action Army/PDI/EdGi/ML upgrades.

So overall, my advice is if you love the MB01/Type 96/L96 platform then don’t worry you can deffo make it work.
Just don’t buy a pre upgraded unit like that.

if you want a lighter more versatile unit with extra upgrade paths, the largest around I’d say, then VSR/Good Clone VSR’s are your best bet.

Hope this helps pal.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Type96 are good bases, how long these upgraded parts will last (mainly trigger) who knows.

The l96 comes in around 1.2 metres so is a bit long, I don't find the weight an issue but I don't use a bipod and would advise against them.

Solid upgrade paths are available and they look cool and stand out against all the r700 clones most people field.

(Although at my last game day it went srs/l96/r700 clones in amount fielded)

Also I find l96 are easier to build than a VSR if your not familiar with teching.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
90 Posts
Also I find l96 are easier to build than a VSR if your not familiar with teching.
This is a fair and true comment.
Building in the MB01 was a doddle compared to the VSR.
You can quick change/remove the cylinder and barrel removal is not too hard.

Compared to my AAC T11 which can be a right pain as you have to remove the entire stock to get the cylinder out.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This is a fair and true comment.
Building in the MB01 was a doddle compared to the VSR.
You can quick change/remove the cylinder and barrel removal is not too hard.

Compared to my AAC T11 which can be a right pain as you have to remove the entire stock to get the cylinder out.
Also less feed issues generally

·
Registered
928 Posts
Fair bit of warning, I ordered some things from Airsoft Pro a couple months back. They ended up getting seized by customs. There's a risk you'll never see the rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts