Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a Well MB03 sniper from airsplat, and I want to remove the nozzle restrictor. Supposedly its simple...I unscrew the little screw on the underside of the gun that holds the main barrel and the trigger portion of the barrel together, and then unscrew the barrel. Problem is...the barrel wont unscrew. With me twisting the barrel one way, and my older brother twisting the trigger section the other way, it will unscrew a half twist...and that is SUPER hard...and then it will stick...it stuck so bad, I had to get my dad to help my brother and me to turn it back to its original position. I am 20 years old, and pretty big, and my bro is 22, and bigger...it shouldn't be this hard. Any idea whats making it stick?
Here is a video I found of a kid doing this...unscrewing the little screw, then the barrel...super easy for him. Start watching at the 1:51 mark, and in 20 seconds...vwallah...he's done.
I have emailed airsplat 6 times in the past 36 hours and haven't heard back once...getting extremely frustrated. Help. please.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe it has locktite on it or some sort of material which is holding it in place like glue.

You should try heating up that area so it would be warm/hot and then try unscrewing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know of any snipers that have that locktite mechanism?
And how would I heat it up? With what? And I guess there is no plastic internals, so I wouldn't melt them...?
Also...I was able to unscrew it a half twist...would that mean there isn't a locktite thing? Or might there still be?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you have a scope rail mount which I would assume you have, you need to unscrew the fore-most screw from the rail mount. Just a couple turns should do it. This screw also holds in the barrel. I had the same issue with my BAR10

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scope mount loosened...still tight

@chrisgunny: ok the scope mount is loosened...but I still cant turn it by myself...Its tight enough for a two man job...was that the same in your case? Or should it loosen fairly easily?

·
Administrator
6,160 Posts
Seen that.. Welcome properly to the forum....

Read the stickies in each forum section, there are many helpful infos there.

Cheers
Wolf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might need to take the screw out of the scope rail! I know that's the problem with VSRs.
I did, but it still wont turn. All the screws are out...the entire scope rail is off...and it still wont turn. I am beginning to think it is defective.

·
Administrator
6,160 Posts
Lets stick to this thread...
No one like 2 threads with the same subject!

I'd love to help but I can't think of anything else.

Wolf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts