Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine really likes the design of this rifle and wants to buy one.
He's chosen the upgraded version - Airsoft sniper MB05D (UPGRADE version) + scope + bipod
I believe the trigger on the upgraded version is 90 degrees, so I've chosen these parts:
Stainless cylinder head - Stainless steel cylinder head for L96 and SW M24 sniper rifles

Hop-up unit - Hop up unit for Well MB-01,04,05,06,08,13,14 - Gen.3

Reinforced hopup lever - Reinforced Well MB-01 HopUp lever

70 hopup bucking - HopUp bucking for L96, 70° (for Well MB01,04,05,06,08,13...)

ML crazy jet barrel

We prefer strictly airsoftpro, because we have access to free shipping and 10% off on every single item.
My questions: How good are the parts I've selected and what would the performance of the completed rifle be?
Would you recommend any other parts?
Since I'm not familliar with this platform, are the available mods like teflon tape and tdc the same as in the vsr platform? (I asume they are)

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,360 Posts
Those parts won't work together, and are suboptimal for this type of rifle.

I suggest getting an Action Army type 96 hopup unit, a good quality aeg inner barrel (action army hopup unit works with aeg barrels), a maple leaf bucking and a stalker panthera nub.

The stock trigger is 90 degrees but pretty weak, replace with an airsoftpro trigger. Upgrade the cylinder body as well as the cylinder head, as well as the piston and spring guide.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those parts won't work together, and are suboptimal for this type of rifle.

I suggest getting an Action Army type 96 hopup unit, a good quality aeg inner barrel (action army hopup unit works with aeg barrels), a maple leaf bucking and a stalker panthera nub.

The stock trigger is 90 degrees but pretty weak, replace with an airsoftpro trigger. Upgrade the cylinder body as well as the cylinder head, as well as the piston and spring guide.
He can get the AA unit, but not the nub, no local retailers sell one, would an omega nub work? Also what should the AEG barrel be?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
An Omega nub would work, but I highly recommend looking at making the nub in my signature.
For the barrel, most any barrel will be fine, but go for a tight one.
I say this as its very easy to lap a barrel as also written about in my signature, so you can make a $20 barrel as good or better than a $160 barrel.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,360 Posts
He can get the AA unit, but not the nub, no local retailers sell one, would an omega nub work? Also what should the AEG barrel be?
As well as the SS nub which @SiliconeSword mentioned above (SS-arm/SS-nub Tutorial)
Also try the Masada Nub: Ultimate nub by Masada02 on Shapeways

*note that you don't need to replace the hopup arm in either the Action Army hopup or the AirsoftPro.

For the AEG barrel, I suggest ZCI, lapped with @SiliconeSword's method above: Superior Barrel Lapping Method
If you don't have a lathe, just stick the dowel in a drill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts