Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had the MB06 for several months, and recently, I've been noticing a stiffer bolt pull. I've torn it down completely, and can't find the problem. The entire cylinder will slide smoothly in the outer barrel, and slide smoothly in the upper receiver, but when I put the outer barrel into the upper receiver, the cylinder slides with a lot more friction. This is making my bolt pull much stiffer. Anybody have suggestions on how to fix this? I haven't gotten around to putting in upgrades, so it is still completely stock.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
If it is anything like the MK96, there is a little grub screw on the bottom that keeps the outer barrel from twisting. When this is too tight, you get a stiffer bolt pull and scratches on the cylinder. Check that. Next, try some grease, mine has about (eyeballed) 20 mL of grease in it, and it is great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the MB06, the grub screw is a little different. Even without the outer barrel tightened on (it can still rotate 1/8 turn) the cylinder does not move smoothly, it is much stiffer than just in the barrel or upper receiver. I've tried it without grease, and with a lot of grease, it still has this problem.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh, the Well asr copy, I have herd that the front clasp that holds the barrel down in the front is the problem most of the time. That it is over tightened and it pulls the barrel down, creating the friction. Try removing that clasp and see if that is what the problem is. If not I would call who ever you got it from and tell them the problem, to see if they have a tec that could help you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said in my first post, I only have a problem when the (outer) barrel and cylinder are both in the upper receiver together. I've removed the clasp that holds the barrel on, trigger assembly, etc. so that I'm only working with the cylinder, outer barrel, and upper receiver. the cylinder will slide perfectly fine into the barrel, and slide great all by itself in the upper receiver, but as soon as I put the barrel in, the cylinder does not slide as smoothly. Could the upper receiver be misaligning these parts?(see crude drawing)

As a side note, does anyone have problems with the mags getting stuck or problems inserting mags? Mine are difficult to remove sometimes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No the upper reciever couldnt be misaligning these parts.

What could be happening is that the hop up chamber isnt in the correct spot. Then that could cause pressure on the nozzel.

Where in the pull is it dragging? At the beginning, and then it goes free? In the middle? the whole time? or at the end?

Also, coat the cylinder with grease, thickly. Then assemble the gun, pull the bolt. Dissassemble the gun and look for the drag marks. (may or may not work.)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go check this right away.

Update: There's no pressure on the nozzle, but it is definitely dragging at the beginning and then freeing up (this is without the front clasp installed)
I don't have a thick grease to test for dragging, but I found a straight line scraped through the inside of the barrel (about 2 o'clock) but can't find the cause on the cylinder.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seriously, read my first posts. I have already stated that the cylinder slides perfectly fine into the barrel (thus it is not bent), but the problem arises when both cylinder and barrel are placed in the receiver (without trigger unit). The Allen screw next to the bolt handle does not effect the cylinder sliding in any way. The first few inches of travel are stiff, and then it eases up, but when I put the trigger unit back in, the problem is compounded because of the spring.
Without the spring in, (or trigger unit removed) the cylinder should cycle smoothly and effortlessly. Mine does not, which is what I'm trying to fix.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The stiff cylinder and sticking mag could both be caused by the barrel not being straight (like in your pic).
The problem is, what is causing the barrel to not sit straight in the receiver and why would it start to happen now, after you have owned the gun for months?
How is the barrel held in place, is it screwed in (threaded) or held by a grub screw or two?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The barrel is tightened down through a clasp.(see image)
This holds the barrel in place. I have taken it out already, it is not the problem.
The stock seems to get in the way of the mags(seems to scrape on the front of the magwell), the barrel can rub against the mags but I have already checked that. I'll post some pics when I get more time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoops, forgot the image of the clasp. (again, it is another of my poor artistic renditions of my gun.)

·
Registered
209 Posts
The gun seems to be significantly different from the ASR.

Take a look over at the Echo1 forum, and there is a picture thread there of the whole takedown on the ASR. Can you then tell me if its the same or not? Because if its to different, I may not have valid advice for you.

ON the Echo1 boards, you have to scroll down to see the pictures once you select the thread.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, It's exactly the same, I think Well is the OEM. My last pic was a little off, screw wise, but it was a front view to illustrate the barrel securing method to blackfoot1.
Again, I've been having cylinder problems, so any advice would be helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.