Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent some quality time today scouring the forums and I cannot quite find a thread relating to the MB07B. IF, indeed, I do enjoy sniping...and I believe I will, there is no doubt that in the future I will be anxious to upgrade my rifle.

My question is this, are the internals of the MB07 considered similar or the same to any other sniper out there?

I have read one post that the internals are similar or identical to the Well L96, which I'd imagine is the same as the any other L96. Others say the internals are like a M700 and even a BAR-10. I think it's easy to see how a person can get confused after seeing all these different claims.

At any rate, anybody have a clue? :-/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info., I got some more from another site saying it was identical to the VSR. Guys, I have some pictures of the bolt assembly, which look to be compatible with the VSR, but I haven't touched the hop-up unit...one step at a time.

Bolt Assembly:

Trigger Assembly:

Does anybody have any input? I'd like to get a metal piston and spring guide, as those are the only plastic pieces on the weapon. I think a new trigger assembly is in order, as this one, though metal, feels weak...like weak sauce weak.

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just so everybody knows from here on out, I am 95% sure that the MB07 has an IDENTICAL trigger mechanism and bolt assembly (as well as the contents of the bolt assembly) to the VSR-10 or the BAR-10. The external fluted barrel required the hop-up to be modified, however, and is a modified BAR-10 that has the downstream (or muzzle) end a few millimeters slimmer in diameter than the upstream (stock) side of the unit. This means it is not completely compatible with the VSR-10 or BAR-10...but close.

I discovered this at the expense of my cylinder end, which was a casualty of my frustration when attempting to put the piston back into the cylinder. It got stuck and I got upset when all attempts to move it failed. So I used a screwdriver to pry it loose. Bad decision, but it worked. Now I just need to get a replacement cylinder...all this, and I haven't even fired the damn thing. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are planning on upgrading your cylinder I would not recommend a pdi because that's what I bought and I had to use a dremel on the bolt to make it fit. I don't know what type of cylinder will fit however hopefully someone here can answer that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.