Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for sniper rifles to add to my collection. What are people saying about this rifle? I love the look of it. Says it's upgradeable with Type 96 parts. Is it worth the $100?

·
Registered
824 Posts
First make a intro post.
Second. I would rather get the L96.
Third Supposedly can use m4 stocks and pistol grips but yeah.
Fourth your going to need a good amount of upgrades. But out of the box its not bad.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
swboats said:
I have been looking for sniper rifles to add to my collection. What are people saying about this rifle? I love the look of it. Says it's upgradeable with Type 96 parts. Is it worth the $100?
If any gun is upgradeable with Type 96 parts, and you are willing to buy them, I would say it is indeed worth it.

My, on a budget, recommendations for this rifle:

1. HP Chamber
2. AEG barrel (nothing fancy, perhaps a Madbull 6.03mm)
3. G&G bucking (soft)
4. Laylax Spring guide
5. Laylax spring
6. Laylax piston/accuracy cup
7. Metal trigger box + sears combo, or Z-trig if you can afford it

Might seem expensive, but can be bought over time, piece by piece. You might be able to get away with the stock box depending what spring you go with. For instance, having trouble affording sear or box upgrades? Downgrade the spring for longer lifespan. Sp 130 will put you at about 400, perfect for rifles that are not upgraded to handle high stress.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
The stock mk96 puts out about 430 fps, so you may not even need to upgrade the spring - hell, I downgraded mine.

In order of importance, I would recommend from fuzzy's list first #1, 2, and 3, though I would switch g&g for a guarder clear, then in order, #6, 4, 7, and then 5 is absolutely last. The z-trig is definitely worth it. The trigger pull is gorgeous on that thing.

Another anecdote, I prefer the PDI chamber, the adjustment for side-to-side stuff is very helpful, especially if you cant your guns ever so slightly.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I wouldn't say the spring purchase would be last given the fact that I mentioned downgrading it to an SP130 to prevent less wear and tear on the internals, especially if price is a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.