Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a WELL MB04 (G-22) and instead of buying a new airsoft rifle, I have decided that I am going to upgrade my G22. Are there any internal/external mods that I can use on my weapon? And also will an L96 stock fit my gun? I really don't like the look of my stock and just was wondering if it would fit. Please respond if possible, and thanks in advance

***I HAVE DONE RESEARCH. I DID FOR ATLEAST 15 MINUTES AND COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING.***

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheese Man said:
Try Type 96 parts, as far as I know it should work.

A Maruzen/UTG type stock should fit great.
Thanks Cheese Man! I will definately look into this. I hope to soon get my $600+ from my dad, I need to be saving for a car, but I may just end up using some for airsoft instead ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here is what I would get. Given the price is right

Externals:
Sunshade
Flip up lense covers
A new paintjob
Harris bipod
A cool muzzle(looks better in my opinion if done right)

Internals:
Madbull or Prommy 6.03 M16 Innerbarrel
Polarstar piston parts
Pdi hopup chamber
Pdi M150 spring
And possibly a new sear set if you feel like it. In my opinion you don't need it for a M150.

·
Registered
445 Posts
furrycowthingy said:
Here is what I would get. Given the price is right

Externals:
Sunshade
Flip up lense covers
A new paintjob
Harris bipod
A cool muzzle(looks better in my opinion if done right)

Internals:
Madbull or Prommy 6.03 M16 Innerbarrel
Polarstar piston parts
Pdi hopup chamber
Pdi M150 spring
And possibly a new sear set if you feel like it. In my opinion you don't need it for a M150.
Not to be mean but I would go for internals first, also there has been multiple up-grade guides on here, so please do a search next time.
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1156&start=15

Read the whole topic please it will help you alot, I posted a parts list that will work for the type 96 also the prices to help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes I agree with hidden. Do the necessary internal upgrades before you do externals. I would advise accuracy upgrades over fps upgrades. If anything I would actually down grade the spring until you got the necessary upgrades for it. But that is just me.

But I must ask one question. Is there anything wrong with the stock you have now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
furrycowthingy said:
Yes I agree with hidden. Do the necessary internal upgrades before you do externals. I would advise accuracy upgrades over fps upgrades. If anything I would actually down grade the spring until you got the necessary upgrades for it. But that is just me.

But I must ask one question. Is there anything wrong with the stock you have now?
There is nothing wrong with the stock, I just personally don't like the look of it. But I think I may just do some internal upgrades soon. I just teflon taped my cylinder head today, and need to find more threads on DIY mods.

***EDIT*** I HAVE FOUND AN UPGRADE KIT FOR THIS GUN. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT KIND OF SPRING IT IS. I HOPE THAT IT IS NOTHING STRONGER THAN A 20%

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you get the upgrade kit please get some new trigger sears with it. Or if you have the money, a upgraded trigger unit. Reason being is because the spring pushes it up to around 520-560 Fps. At speeds that high the stock trigger sears will break shortly after a few hundred rounds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
furrycowthingy said:
If you get the upgrade kit please get some new trigger sears with it. Or if you have the money, a upgraded trigger unit. Reason being is because the spring pushes it up to around 520-560 Fps. At speeds that high the stock trigger sears will break shortly after a few hundred rounds.
Yeah I am thinking about getting this kit, so I may be looking at a total of about $200, the kit, trigger sears, and a Prommy 6.03 TBB.

Posted by hidden187 on Today at 7:53am
If its the utg upgrade kit don't waste your money, it will increase the noise of the gun, and it is the same spring in your gun currently.
Hidden, I dont think it is the UTG Upgrade kit. It says it will work for a UTG Shadow Ops sniper, but not entirely sure. Below is a link to the upgrade kit off Evike.com

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32451&osCsid=b1cf4ea42e51e5fb85b4ae151cae6093

·
Registered
445 Posts
cavsona said:
Posted by hidden187 on Today at 7:53am
If its the utg upgrade kit don't waste your money, it will increase the noise of the gun, and it is the same spring in your gun currently.
Hidden, I dont think it is the UTG Upgrade kit. It says it will work for a UTG Shadow Ops sniper, but not entirely sure. Below is a link to the upgrade kit off Evike.com

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32451&osCsid=b1cf4ea42e51e5fb85b4ae151cae6093
Yep thats the one, it will increases the noise from the piston hitting the spring and everything else. That has been my experience with it, maybe you will have a different one but just looking out for ya.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hidden187 said:
cavsona said:

Yep thats the one, it will increases the noise from the piston hitting the spring and everything else. That has been my experience with it, maybe you will have a different one but just looking out for ya.
I think I may still try it out but not entirely sure. If I get more money I may save for Polarstar parts, which from what it sounds like, I will have more luck with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.