Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Im new to this forum, but I used to play alot of airsoft up until about 5 years ago when my health got in the way. Anyways fast forward to now and im able to start playing again. I really want to be a sniper this time around as I've owned alot of different aegs and pistols but never a sniper. Im leaving towards a WELL VSR-10. My quesitons to you guys who know snipers. Are what should I be looking to upgrade first? I was thinking a R hopped barrel and a CNC trigger kit, with a slightly hotter spring would be good to last me until I can get crazy with it. Does anyone think this will be enough to get me back playing?

Also what are you suggestions on what I should upgrade on it first and foremost. I picked these upgrades to get the best accuracy and reliability out of it while im starting out getting used to the game again!

Thanks for all your input, CanadianSniper1991

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
In level of best to worst choice, I'd look towards the SSG10, Silverback SRS, Action Army T10/T11, JG BAR-10, and that's about it in terms of decent rifles with decent costs.

One thing to remeber with this is that the route of upgrading a $150 gun can easily wind up at $600, while saving for a little longer will get you a very good rifle like the SSG10 or SRS, or semi decent guns like the T11 and T10.
The T11 and T10 would probably be well suited to Canada due to your FPS cap, but the SSG10 has a much nicer trigger, cylinder, piston, barrel, and bucking, and doesn't require parts to be replaced, save for possibly a better bucking like a Maple Leaf 2021 bucking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In level of best to worst choice, I'd look towards the SSG10, Silverback SRS, Action Army T10/T11, JG BAR-10, and that's about it in terms of decent rifles with decent costs.

One thing to remeber with this is that the route of upgrading a $150 gun can easily wind up at $600, while saving for a little longer will get you a very good rifle like the SSG10 or SRS, or semi decent guns like the T11 and T10.
The T11 and T10 would probably be well suited to Canada due to your FPS cap, but the SSG10 has a much nicer trigger, cylinder, piston, barrel, and bucking, and doesn't require parts to be replaced, save for possibly a better bucking like a Maple Leaf 2021 bucking.
Hey thank you, ill look into just grabbing a better one off the start. . ive always wanted the novritch ssg24

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
At one time the SSG24 was probably the best sniper available, but now with it being discontinued by Novritsch(Modify sells it) it seems clear that in terms of price it was no longer the best.

SSG10 is roughly equivalent to $700 of parts with it's aluminum receiver and rail, decent enough chamber, decent enough barrel, and all that stuff, but it is only equivalent in quality when you buy it, not performance.

That being said, it just needs tuning with less than $20 of parts to perform as good or better than a well built high budget sniper.
Basically just read the pinned stuff in the VSR section on here, that'll set you straight.

·
Registered
923 Posts
If cost is an issue, you live in the best time to buy a sniper. SSG10 is a solid mid price contender, however if cost is an issue, the Barrett Fieldcraft or even an A&K M24 can become decent options. You can have a good build for $200 USD, however you would likely want to buy secondhand OR sacrifice some luxuries.

Also, if you don't mind buying secondhand, I have a really good BAR10 deal in the WTS section (less than half price of MSRP parts).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with both FMP AIRSOFT and SiliconeSword the SSG10 makes for a great entry bolt action without having to spend a lot of money. I do a bunch of the bolt action builds in my area and have tuned a few SSG10s. Like mentioned above with a little tuning the SSG10 can be a very good rifle. Between all the different threads on here you will have all the information needed to tune it yourself.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Defiantly look at FMP's rifle in the WTS section. It is a steal. It would be great to see it go to someone who "needs" one and not to one of us to buy it just because it is a great deal and go into our collection.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello fellow Canadian! While a lot of people do suggest the solid out-of-the-box rifles, there is nothing wrong with getting in at a lower cost and building over time. If you play your cards right, you can get something serviceable built for a few hundred, especially if you put in the labor yourself. I prefer to build my own rifles(it's great when I have most of the parts in house!), as there is a benefit to knowing and understanding all of the parts in it, and that knowledge helps with tweaking performance, or diagnosing potential issues that may arise. So select what you like, there is a ton of great advice on these forums to point you in the right direction. And enjoy the sniping life!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts