Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
70m? Every single shot on an A4 sheet of paper, which my old APS96 could do. I haven't had the chance to try that far with my current VSR but with the results thus far I am hoping to push that performance significantly further.

· Registered
479 Posts
I usually only go for torso size hits at 80m for 99% of my guns. While my VSR certainly does farther than that, I find the endevor to be more "chasing last 2%" level of insanity, that honestly doesn't really amount to anything truly meaningful other than gloating.
Yes, and no.

All you realistically need is to be able to hit a torso at a given range and you're golden....or at least 90% of the time, if not 95% of the time. Whilst uncommon (at least in my experience UK fields generally aren't as open as we might wish) I have had occasion to take shots at longer distances (I won't even consider them under 50m) so I like to have a reasonable chance of landing a hit if I know my dope....not for stroking my epeen, but just to have a small degree of satisfaction in a job well done.

With that said, I've got a mate who runs an extreme range rig which (infrequently I might add, the whole setup was more of an experiment) whilst quite impractical for many situations, will lob a BB significantly further than 120m. He uses one of those periscope-style scope extenders and a tripod so whilst he is at the mercy of the wind, it's amazing to see those shots land.

Eventually :cool:

· Registered
479 Posts
That is the main point- playing the game and enjoying your time.

I’m sure none of us mind turning but chasing 1% gets old fast! I used to have a Firefly hop with kurage packings and that put me off tuning for life....or at least the extreme OCD style it’s easy to lose hours to....,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts