Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently recruited a guy on to my team and it turns out he works in a machine shop.
We talked a lot about parts that are just too costly and hard to locate. Main topic was the un findable M28 pistons. He is going to try his hand at making a piston tonight for his AGM l96 and show me the results tomorrow. This all started when he lost his body pin for his M4. I told him my idea and he went to work that night and made one.. came out perfectly!

So, I would love a list of parts that we complain are just hard to get! Pistons, trigger parts etc.. Were going to see about fixing this issue. Were going to see about keeping prices low as heck too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This would be rather comPlicated but the Well MB10 and 12 have a shunk down version of the VSR chamber. Maybe you could do this I think somebody would go for one as long as the handwork was better then the stock one. Just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree. I recently got an agm l96 and saw the hopup was in the vsr family,just tiny! lol.. I was just talking to my buddy. He has access to a lathe, cnc and stuff so parts should be easy but he was asking me about measurements and having parts to go off of. I have a few various piston and hopup units etc.. He lives about 40 minutes from me so I plan to drive over sometime in the near future. He cant do his piston tonight, he has a new part to run tonight at work and wont have time. But he also mentioned being too afraid to get swamped too soon. I assured him it'd be slow at first cause he'd be the new guy on the market and people wanna see reviews to feel all warm and cozy,lol.. I know I do!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Cocking handles for BASR's and some sweet custom parts for pistols(1911)! It is ridicilous that for exaple nova magazine catch costs 40-50usd and even cheaper versions from other manuafacturers are 20-30usd!!!!! If you start making part for tm 1911 I'll be buying them..... if the price is right of course ;)

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the idea about the cocking handles!! I mentioned it to him and he said he was actually thinking about that too.

I just got home from dropping off a Vsr and the M28 piston to my buddy. He has a few design ideas that may just makke his pistons stand out in the crowd. We have one question though. How mandatory is it to have them Delrin/delron rings? Would a piston without them actually damage the inside of the cylinder? My vsr piston doesnt have the ring, its just aluminum from front to back.

I will know more about production very soon and I am talking to him about making a good discount for the first so many orders. The discount would be for honest reviews on the pistons. I cant say too much right now but he is ready to slam out some "Agm l96, Vsr and m28" pistons. I also have standard L96 pistons that he would be doing soo as well. There is also some talk about making some sickening strong piston sears! Something that can hold more than 500fps. But thats going to be down the road a little. We wanna test the pistons at HIGH fps for testing the strength first. The highest spring I have is 500 so thats what I will have to test with till I get one for about 600... "For testing only of course"

I also gave him my design for a sweet ass outer barrel. I wont say much yet but oh yeah! Your gonna love this barrel idea! Lol.. But of course thats down the road a little too. Were going to focus on pistons for the time being. And since the M28 pistons are so hard to locate, thats our main goal!!

With that being said.. I will have myself a new M28 piston in a few days YAYYY!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The delrin ring wouldn't hurt. What the delrin does is creates a smooth surface for the piston to slide easier on.

If he would be able to make a solid delrin piston that would be the best. Make one that is strong enough to take some punishment, but it will still be light weight.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Solid delrin would break though wouldnt it? The design he is seeing in his head will be pretty different than we have out on the market. Its still a trial and error state right now. I will have the prototype in a few days. I will beat the crap out of it and take pics after each game or whatever I end up doing for testing. I want to run about 1000 shots before I even make a review. I want him to get some copywrites before I mention much and screw us,lol.. I am sooooo excited about this! I have a mind FULL of ideas and to finally be able to squeeze them out of my head and do something with it is going to be great,hahaha.. Wait till I introduce the barrel!! You guys are going to freak!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Would be awesome to have a metal trigger guard and a custom Vsr stock with collapsible stock. Another idea is a light weight stock with m4 grip like the Echo 1 ASR.

·
Registered
499 Posts
With the cocking handdle similiar desing to laylax would be good for vsr/aps. I hate the way how normal vsr cocking handdle point in the scy and you can't take firm grip from the handdle because the scope is blocking.

Not that I would have these problems since I run APS-2 SV98 with laylax bolt handdle and high rings>:D When the handdle is lifted up I think it should be about 90 degrees NO MORE!

But seriously, 1911 parts.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the cocking handle are pretty basic and pretty much all look the same. I am thinking custom handles "like you mentioned how they go up so high" and various styles with even some total custom handles. I am seeing some sweet trigger guards in my head now too.. heck yeah! I cant wait to see what all will be made cause I noticed almost everyone has the same Bar10's.. there is only so much that people can do to make them "their own look" with the options available. I hope this will help to change that. I get to be the research and demand and marketing guy along with a product tester,lol.. I hope I even get to make the website,hahaha..

And for the 1911 parts, I will see what we can do. Neither of us have one so it will take some time to figure it out. Looks like we need to buy one,lol..

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It'll take a little time till I can afford one of them 1911's lol..

And HECK YES! I love that trigger guard!! Thats perfect. I will of course need to make the holes different so its not a copywrite issue or whatever but yeah.. And I cant believe how much that sucker costs! WAY too much in my opinion!

I am thinking along the lines of them doorlock knobs for inside a car. The skulls and different kinds of things like that. Of course before anything sells, him and I are going to sport the goodies on our rifles first,lol..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ok this one might be a little more difficult, but the reward is much higher. You should make replacement parts for zero triggers! Even though they don't break very often, they still do eventually. And when they do....its a pain to have to buy an ENTIRE new trigger. Replacement parts would be fantastic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.