Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I agree, PB...the list of variables of one platform vs. the other is absolutely vast. The only differentiating feature in the BASR is the higher fps allowance. Other than that, if we're firing the same ammo, then theoretically, we should be able to get the exact same performance.

In reference to accuracy, I do think rate of fire affects accuracy to some degree on some builds..and not as much of an advantage as you might think. Still compiling data..

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
It may but that would just be from the vibration. A fast semi auto cycle time however shouldn't make any difference. It still fills the cylinder with air unless it has super high RPS.
No, not just from vibration. COnsider the pumping action of the cylinder/piston assembly. Where it draws air from, and the correlation with barrel length as well as rate of fire. Not even necessarily considering two BB's in the barrel at the same time, but also system stability between shots and the turbulence of the air and how long it takers to dissipate and restabilize between shots.

Ultimate system accuracy would occur when pressures are all equalized, the air in the barrel system is static and steady, and the machinery is at maximum potential. For example, all pressure is equalized and the system is cocked. So now the question is to measure how long it takes for the system to reestablish itself between shots. It's probably longer than you think...:yup::shrug:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
In theory, anything above 1:1 will push a BB out. As long as more air is being displaced by the cylinder than can fill the barrel, a BB will fly out the end. The other thing to consider is the compression factor of a gas. This is not hydraulics and air can be compressed, so straight ratio calculations are not as straightforward as you'd think. There's also system losses along the line...nozzles, buckings, etc. There's also loss around the BB as the air pushes past it down the barrel. Things like the rate of compression also affect (spring strength). But let's spare the big math...a .2g BB comes out at 400 fps? Golden. You can do alot with that. :)

Too much air produces a nice high velocity, but also more noise, as 1 Tonne and I have discussed in the past. The most important factor is final velocity and stability of the BB on exiting the system. Too much jam behind the BB and you can essentially overclock it to the point of instability. Not enough, and well, it sucks.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
One thing I have noticed with a shorter barrel...it is possible that it does not allow for maximum acceleration and stabilization of the BB when launched. Almost as if the shot is 'undercooked' so to speak. No matter what, overall, I'm still getting better results with a longer barrel.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hmmm...interesting. I’ve never had a BB get stuck behind the nub. Mind you, I build some fairly monster hops. Nonetheless, yes and no on the fast piston. It works like an engine though...sure, it accelerates the air faster, but also less of it. No real gain there...just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The bb getting stuck behind the nub happens more when you have a low fps build but want to shoot a heavy bb. So not so much with high fps DMR builds. It happens more in long assault rifles (around 350fps).
Oh! Ok...gotcha. In my world 350 fps is broken and gets scrapped. :lmao:

Alright, being slightly serious here, putting a heavy BB in a 350 fps gun is kinda moot, no? :shrug:

1 - 7 of 8 Posts