Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,081 Posts
This was in response to Leetworlds post, but he edited his post and I am not going to rewite this....

Why would the math be any different from a BASR to an AEG? You are calculating the volume of something does not matter if its a bolt action, AEG, or some crazy high speed hydraulic ram on a battle bot. That math will not change.

The only major difference between an AEG and BASR is how you compress the spring, or "energize it." You either overcome the springs resistance threw your own strength, or you use electricity to run a motor and gear train to do it. Neither of these effect volume in anyway. This only effect the cycle time and system efficiency.

=======

To directly answer the "Are AEGs superior in every way?" That is not a truly easy question to answer.

In a very basic way, yes the AEG is superior. The more dawn out answer, "depends." Boils down to materials, quality of said materials, quality of manufacture processes, and design.

Looking at this question from an origin stand point, (1J, same hopup design, fixed hop) then the AEG will win every time basically. (So long as input energy is infinite and not factoring in wear...) However we all know it is not that black and white.

For us in other regions of the globe, power regulations are different, this changes the question of "is an AEG better then a BASR?"

·
Super Moderator
4,081 Posts
That higher FPS allowance is a site by site thing. Which further muddies the water as to which is better. Its a question that has many answers that are all correct to some degree.

Reactions: Zero Roaster

·
Super Moderator
4,081 Posts
I wonder if a revisit to the PDI vacuum piston head for AEGs in a DSG build would be of worth?

·
Super Moderator
4,081 Posts
I don't think it would be worth it (could be wrong). An AEG piston o-ring releases it's pressure once it has stopped moving forward and air can come from behind it. That is pretty much the same as the PDI Vacuum Piston.
I think I am still going to play with it and see what it does in a DSG build. I am not expecting much out of it. But you never know. I think I will need to completely remake it though as I do not want to wreck my original one and make some tweaks to it. Hmm... half the volume, barrel... This project is going to be silly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts