Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
After experimenting with a few different cylinders, barrels and springs I am pretty sure that the optimal ratio for cylinder to barrel volume depends also on the strength of the spring (what fps you are going for). For example, I have a cyma SR25 with a full v2.5 cylinder and a 455mm 6.01 barrel ( ratio of about 2.4) . With the spring that is in currently it shoots 1.2J with 0.2gr bbs and 1.05J with 0.3gr bbs. This result is the opposite from what you would expect when looking at the ratios that 1tonne has calculated. What you would expect to see is more Joule output from the 0.3 gr bbs since 2.4 is closer to 2.27(optimal for 0.3s) than to 2.17(optimal for 0.2s).
When switching to a stronger spring I find the results calculated by 1tonne to be more accurate. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply but I don't think its an air seal issue since my fps is pretty consistent +-2 fps. Also if I put a stronger spring in the gun (M150) it shoots 2.05J on 0.2s and 2.44J on 0.36s which is in line with 1Tonne's results. It seems strange to me that the spring strength would have an effect and that's why I commented.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts