Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just fell into a little cash. I am wanting to get one of those G&G TR16 MBR 308SR aegs. I have never owned an aeg. Been a sniper since day one. What kind of battery should i get that will fit into the G&G stock. I know i want a lipo and most likely the 11.1. My question is more which one would be a good choice for reliability and will fit in the stock. So unless you know for a fact that it fits in the stock do not suggest it. Just move on lol. What kind of charger should i get as well for said battery? I leave my wallet in your hands people. Oh and a side question. I dont plan on playing any milsims. Just one day pick up games. that will consist of 4 to 6 2o minute games or so. Will one battery be enough for a day?

·
Registered
59 Posts
So i just fell into a little cash. I am wanting to get one of those G&G TR16 MBR 308SR aegs. I have never owned an aeg. Been a sniper since day one. What kind of battery should i get that will fit into the G&G stock. I know i want a lipo and most likely the 11.1. My question is more which one would be a good choice for reliability and will fit in the stock. So unless you know for a fact that it fits in the stock do not suggest it. Just move on lol. What kind of charger should i get as well for said battery? I leave my wallet in your hands people. Oh and a side question. I dont plan on playing any milsims. Just one day pick up games. that will consist of 4 to 6 2o minute games or so. Will one battery be enough for a day?
If you want to use a 11.1V battery you probably need to get a mosfet. Stock wirings may not hold up long with 11.1V.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the gun has a mosfet. I just need the information on a battery that is known to fit in the G&G crane stock.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I don't own an AEG, but the new titan batteries look really cool. If I ever got an AEG, I would use these:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
There is lots of marketing hype behind the Titan batteries. You can get better performance from standard lipo in a smaller package. I’m not saying the Titan batteries are bad, but there is better “bang” for your buck everywhere

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Killer Dad, what a sweet ride!! Those G&G crane stocks will even fit a 9.6V NiMh!! No sweat for an 11.1 LiPo. I found a review from France where the guy was testing it with an 11.1v. Personally, I never use LiPo's due to their somewhat bad behavioural characteristics, but while you're dumping cash, make sure you get a charging bag, a GOOD quality charger, and yeah, I always pack two batteries when I'm on the field. You never know when something will fail, be prepared, right? Cheap insurance. As for which brand of battery, this is Canada...our choices are far more limited than yours.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would check Hobbyking for a 3s(11.1v) lipo with good mAh & C rating that can fit in a SOPMOD/crane stock. Titan batteries don't perform too well and are waay more expensive than a good lipo.

·
Registered
451 Posts
As for which brand of battery, this is Canada...our choices are far more limited than yours.
Nearly all my lipos are hobbyking sourced, and I am in Canada.

Amazon.ca has some decent little lipos that fall under prime shipping and ~$25'ish for 11.1 25-50c 2000mah'ish

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
It's al good, Cetane...I should've included 'locally'. I try and support the locals as much as possible before ordering in. I know, I'm old school...Hehehehe. So old school, all my guns still run 9.6 NiMh's. Simpler, less hassles, and I've never had one burn up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well, my last ~8 lipos have been local second hand purchases, for basically bnib and very lightly cycled batteries. I’m actually going to sell off a few as I sourced some that will be more multifunctional being “nunchuck” instead of stick 7.4 1300mah 25-50c. I don’t need 5 of them lol (2 stick, 3 nunchuck)

I do understand support local though, and for new purchases I do. I’ve played the import game with CBSA, won and lost...

Last loss was crappy though. We gbb g35. Should have passed no issues, but the cold winter we had and poor warehouse temp testing conditions left it short a few FPS from passing the 366.. they denied retest appeal, so to the shredder it goes :(

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That's brutal! ..and kind of silly on CBSA's part. Really.

I still haven't gotten around to bringing anything in across the border...for that very reason. I picked up my BAR last winter from an exasperated dude who had spent hundreds to get it into Canada only to find out it was a bit of a turd. He was so choked it went way cheaper than it should have...then again, firing at 300 FPS, I get it. The BAR is now a serious menace.

That said, I prefer to raid the unwanted pile and refurb the junk others are willing to throw away. It keeps the global pile down, and parts are readily available. After all, they all fire the same ammo, right? A gun's a gun. hehehehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't own an AEG, but the new titan batteries look really cool. If I ever got an AEG, I would use these:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The titan batteries do not fit, I got the G&G tr16 308 in the mail with a titan battery today and the 7.4v (smaller) battery is too big to fit in nunchuck slots in the stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts