Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I'm running a vsr with Wolverine bolt M with a 300mm crazy jet and a mr. hop 60*.
I´ve seen in some older topics some guidelines between bb weight and barrel lenght for optimal air ratio, but since I'm running hpa and my country limits me to have 1.3J max output power at 0.2g ( usually fields don't measure with other weights so I usually have a bit of a creep when using heavier bbs), I would like to know what weight of bb would you recommend me running.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If I remember correctly, the law is 1,3J, independent of the bb weight (I researched it because if it was only applied to 0,2, I'd joule creep). So if you intend to follow the law, I'd say 0,28-0,36 depends on how fast would you like the bb to travel. So if your play style is aggressive and most of your targets are mobile, use lighter weight so bb would get to the target faster; if you play sneaky and engage mostly unexpected slow moving or stationary targets, go for 0,36. Personally I prefer to stay above 300 fps, so 0,32 is the heaviest (already at 1,34J)
I swear I don't get why people go for HPA when a 1,3J vsr is ridiculously light to pull already, unless the intent is to JC.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Recently I turned my VSR-10 with a BOLT all the way down to 1J with a .28 or a .30, can't remember, and it was incredibly quiet.
Quieter than any MK23, or any other gun, even with HPA, so I would definitely recommend it if you can afford it.
If you aren't worried about sound or you don't have lots of money, spring rifles can still be somewhat quiet, but not a very small click and a slight whistle from a BB quiet.
Still perfectly fine for most people, as airsoft fields tend to be quite loud anyways.

Edit: @wyz2285, the thing that you said about heavy BBs getting to the target slower is actually not true, it is the other way around lol.
For example,
3J w .50 1.78s at 300 ft
3J w .40 1.96s at 300 ft
3J w .30 2.51s at 300 ft

But, that is reversed at a certain point
3J w .50 .16s at 50 ft
3J w .12 .12s at 50 ft

But let's be honest, no one uses .12g these days, especially not in a gun meant for range, so other than that one extreme example, you are quite wrong.
Or you mixed them up, who knows.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, guaranteed you're not making into 300 ft with 1,3J.
Practical wise I'd say 200 ft tops, most reliable below 150ft.
I don't really see how 0,3 can be stable enough to handle 3J and fly to 300 ft in a remotely flat trajectory so argue all you want on that regard. For the range of 1,3J, 0,3 will fly faster than 0,48 in a practical range, rather if the 0,48 will fly further I can't say, I'm inclined that it would.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Silicone is correct in say that with long range, heavier bb's are better. But as wyz2285 has pointed out, this is only 1.3 joules. So this is not really a long range rifle like we are normally used to and the 0.3gm is most likely faster as the 1.3 joules will struggle to get the 0.48gm to a good range.
Personally, at 1.3 joules, I would use a 0.32gm bb.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I swear I don't get why people go for HPA when a 1,3J vsr is ridiculously light to pull already, unless the intent is to JC.
In my case, I already have na HPA rifle so I didn't need to buy the rig, and it is very usefull to me because I usually attend to international events outside of Portugal whenever I can and this gives me the option of easily be on the local field limit at pretty much any field.

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with the commenter below, you should choose a lighter weight so you can go faster and further. It will also help you maintain your stamina and increase your productivity. If you don't have the energy for that, consider increasing your workouts and adding more vitamins and supplements to your diet to help you get stronger and stronger. Some supplements are still considered controversial, but personally, in my own example, I notice effectiveness. From the visible results, one can note a leaner and more sculpted body and an increase in strength. But for each person, it's all different, so you should study the pure information purerawz.co . As far as I know, for people suffering from bone diseases, such as osteoporosis, it is recommended as a precaution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts